Gmail....

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 07:04 am
Anybody have a spare invitation that they could save for me?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 08:12 am
Phoe - I just sent you a pm.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:13 am
Thanks..........got it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:16 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:07 am
Could you send me an invatation as well.
Please and thank-you. I'd love to try it out.
0 Replies

kevin smithers

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:06 pm
Gmail invites
Hay Guys,
I have been after a gmail account for time but can't seem to get one anywhere, there is a spooler site running to get accounts but it never has invites available.

Can anyone please advise me on how to get one?

Best Regards
Kevin Smithers
[email protected]
0 Replies

komplikazione

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:08 am
hi!

is there a good soul that could send me an invitation?

thanks

[email protected]
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:53 pm
anyone having trouble with their gmail accounts? or is it just me? when ever i try to access it the web page freezes up on me... just that one though no other site does this
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:10 am
Seed - I am having no trouble with it.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:27 am
nor me

I notice I've got an option to invite friends now - but can't work out how to make it work! any advice?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:12 am
Vivien wrote:
nor me

I notice I've got an option to invite friends now - but can't work out how to make it work! any advice?

Since you are so new they won't activate that link for awhile. Keep clicking on it, though and one day soon it will open a window that lets you do that.

Seems to me to be another part of their "intrigue" marketing strategy.

Who needs an invite? I have a few more...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:13 am
Vivien- On the top of your G Mail screen you will see, "Invite X number of friends to 'G' Mail". Click on that. You will be directed to a screen where you put the name and E Mail address of the person you want to invite, and a generic greeting, to the invitee, which you can personalize. That is all that there is to it!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
hmm strange....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:40 pm
thanks Phoenix I thought it would work that way but it doesn't - but thanks PDiddie for explaining the delay in it working - strange! I'll keep on clicking ....

the invite x number of friends has only just appeared - i didn't have that option before, so it's a case of keep clicking til it wakes up one day
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:47 pm
when ever i go to www.google.com/gmail it has me sign in then goes to a loading screen at which the page freezes up on me... i just dont understand it
0 Replies

prying eyes

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
Hi,
Which browser??
If IE, try Firefox or Opera (latest version of opera supports gmail, eventhough google says it's unsupported. So u have to click on continue anyway to proceed.).
Last week I installed FLASHGET, a download manager. It made my gmail page to continuously reload. I tried varied options in flashget, but finally uninstalled it.
did u install any programs lately?
Also trying to reset the security settings in the internet zone to default / medium (for IE) may be another option as any change to activex controls may have an effect in loading the site.
my 2 cents. Hope this helps. ('Smile')
Smile
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:17 pm
well i got it to work now... and i got some invites if anyone wants one
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:55 pm
I have a couple I can send if anyone is still in need.

A few points from one of my marketing sites:

I had NO idea what all of the hype was about. Big deal, another e-mail account, right? I already have more e-mail accounts available to me than i could ever possibly use. Then I did some searching and put a few things together.

1. Fresh names. For anyone in business, this gives one the possibility of obtaining a great marketable or descriptive email name. ie Joe the Internet marketer can now be reached at NetMarketing@gmail... Slimey Sam who's into scams can now have an email account (previously taken by some other jerk at Yahoo and Hotmail) such as givemeallyourmoneyfornothing@gmail

2. A GIG of SPACE!!! Okay, if you already have 2 gig and can't imagine filling it all up, it's probably not that exciting. But if you have tons of documents, videos, ebooks, high usage games, etc, a GIG can make a difference.

There are several companies already marketing a tool or application to be able to store items from your real hard drive on your gmail account. I have not figured out why I would need such a tool, since i could just as easily e-mail the items from my regular e-mail account to my gmail and then delete it from my hard drive.

Gmail will NOT allow exe files to be received or sent. But, this will work for storage of text files.

3. Besides freeing up space on your hard drive, there are several other advantages to storing documents in your Gmail account. Each Gmail account has the same search capabilities as Google. If you store fifty documents in your Gmail and are looking for the one that has your science term paper, you can find it by searching a term that you know is in that file or file name.

4. You can group your e-mails by conversation. Can also do that with Outlook, but have to set it up to do so or create folders and directions for Outlook to use. My understanding is that e-mails back and forth will "continue" the conversation if you choose that view so you know what the person is talking about if they take a week to respond and you've already forgotten what you asked them.

That's just some of the reason for the hype that I could figure out. I'm sure the "Invite Only" is just a marketing gimmick as Craven said. But, there do appear to be advantages to having a Gmail account and a lot of the internet business/ marketers have already been figuring out some nifty ways to make use of them.

If you have any other insight as to the benefits, please let me know.

PM me if you still need an invite.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:01 pm
One other thing....

I won't list it here, but if you google "gmail swap" you'll find lots of invites and most people do not want anything in return.

(Personally, I would ONLY appeal to one of the free listings.)

You might go ahead and click on and email several people per-chance that one will respond. (click on their names to email them. Don't just post a message)
0 Replies

prying eyes

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:18 pm
A BIG ADVANTAGE IS...............POP3 ACCESS.
How did u miss that??????????
Even u can download a auto configuration tool from google to do that if u don't know how.

I would advise people to be careful giving out email addresses in gmail swap (dot) com. I've been there for weeks and most of them was pranks or scams. Only a few were real. I did get one, but I was also alarmed by the ease with which people gave out hteir email adresses so publicily. Pls make a temp id in case u wanna try your luck.

NB: zip or rar the exe files and google will accept it. i'm falling for google mail and once they enter the IM business, then it's going to be a roller coaster ride for them.
0 Replies