Music Quest

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:13 am
By the way, thanks for all the great references, guys.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:53 am
I found one song I like by "Razed in Black" it's called "Oh My Goth" or "Oh My"

It's more trance/techno sounding than gothic.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:09 pm
paulaj,

thanks for sharing that tip. this song is interesting, its like rob zombie techno. not bad.

Everyone has heard of Hans Zimmer...but you might not realize that he's responsible for the theme songs of Ronin, The Rock, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Armageddon, Crimson Tide, Top Gun, and more...

I really like 'Mogadishu Blues' and 'Patricide'
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 06:41 am
Since most of the clientele here seems to be American you may have heard of them - but I fairly recently discovered Blessed Union of Souls - who are kinda indie easy-listening type stuff - v good!

Also worth a try are wahre luegen who are an incredibly funny (if you can speak german) and very vibrant punk band - worth searching for even if you can't understand the lyrics.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:04 pm
AK Momo - with their album Return to New York

I just discovered this band, I heard some songs which I realled liekd and I havent determined the names of them yet...

Singer has a wierd voice, some of the tunes are pretty catchy though

They are sort of similar to Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, I don't know what that genre is called though
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 01:56 pm
While I was in Peru, I met a young actor/musician...who showed me this CD.

It's called Cafe Inkaterra (related somehow to a cafe below Machu Piccu), by Miki Gonzalez. It is a variety of traditional Peruvian artists mixed with electronic beats by Gonzalez.

It's pretty good (especially the track called Apuyaya). I didn't see the CD at amazon etc so I just bought a copy ofi t while I was down here...you might be able to listen to it at this website

http://www.turismoinkaiko.net/peru_travel_tours/peru-news/peru-cusco-cafe-inkaterra.htm
0 Replies