Science Deniers are Everywhere

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 08:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
his investments in alternative energy modes predates his veep years. Tell me something we don't know.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 09:23 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

his investments in alternative energy modes predates his veep years. Tell me something we don't know.

That might be tough since you know everything and I don't know who you mean by "we"
farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 09:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
get up on the wrong side of your web this morning?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 10:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I expect that fraction is an exceedingly very small part of the current total. Moreover the conflict of interest issue that Finn noted is quite unaffected by that fact.
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 02:16 pm
@georgeob1,
unfortunately you can argue dispassionately about most subjects. You don't first make it personal. I have to watch where I walk with Finn. Or our communication erodes .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
Poor farmerman Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 03:23 pm
@farmerman,
I enjoy reading your posts and his as well. We're all a bit touchy about some things. I try to discount such things, and often - not always - succeed in doing so.

Besides, you have an excuse -- you're a geologist after all !

I have a variety of engineers, construction managers and scientists working for me. I know the Engineering & construction stuff well from past experience, but I find the Geologists and Biologists particularly interesting. Both think rather differently about technical problems ( something I often find very interesting ) and both will readily take on any challenge.
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 06:39 pm
@georgeob1,
I have a sneaking feeling that from a single discussion several years ago, Finn has taken a singular dislike to me. I still try to engage but it usually always wins up in insults(Of course I trade with him. I too dont like to get insulted).
AT least he, doesn't slink into just clipping and posting (There are quite a few on both sides that engage in interminable post-a-thons). I pretty much stay away from those contributors completely especially in my practice or in related fields.

Politics is another thing ntirely, its already 5000 Kelvin when I reqd a line or two so I jump in only infrequently
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I have a sneaking feeling that from a single discussion several years ago, Finn has taken a singular dislike to me.

Your attempt to play the innocent victim is quite funny, but I tell you what, let's call a truce and see who breaks it first. What do you say?
georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 07:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You should do a bit better than that - it looked to me like a sincere outreach. Farmer and I both have occasional bursts of temper and irritability: you are slower to that, but appear to hold on to past offenses longer.

Do you know the definition of Irish Alzheimer's ?

"They forget everything but the grudge"
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 07:33 pm
@farmerman,
If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the RIP James Galdolfini thread. You didn't join in with his hissy fit.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 07:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Love that one, George, being Irish myself. Well, California Irish. Don't get me going on the olden family grudges.

I suppose I should add than I'm no science denier, having spent some of my earlier years at it, back in the day, before I switched fields.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 08:04 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

You should do a bit better than that - it looked to me like a sincere outreach. Farmer and I both have occasional bursts of temper and irritability: you are slower to that, but appear to hold on to past offenses longer.

Do you know the definition of Irish Alzheimer's ?

"They forget everything but the grudge"

My moniker is Finn for a reason.

I appreciate you peacemaking efforts but I have reason to disagree with your take which would be pointless to detail here. I'm content with calling a truce. The ball is in farmerman's court.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 08:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
say n more. Ive hoist the flag of truce.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 08:32 am
@farmerman,
Done
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 01:53 pm
Global warming fueled record temperatures in 2016
Michael Walsh, Yahoo News, August 11, 2017

Scientists say that 2016 has been confirmed as the warmest year on record. (Photo: Getty/EyeEm)

... The latest international climate report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) confirms that 2016 was the third consecutive year of record global heat.

On Thursday afternoon the American Meteorological Society published the 27th annual “State of the Climate” report, which verifies last year surpassed 2015 as the hottest since record keeping began in 1880.

Based on preliminary data, NASA and NOOA had made the same assessment back in January, but this week’s report is considered definitive.

“We’re scientists, and we’re providing objective information,” Jessica Blunden, a climate scientist at NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C., told Yahoo News. “We don’t go into policy, but we provide the information for people who want to go further with that.”

According to the report, the effect of long-term global warming and a powerful El Niño early on pushed 2016 into record-setting warmth. The global average sea level reached a new record high last year as well, to 3.25 inches above the average level in 1993, which marks the beginning of the satellite altimeter record.

Scientists also said that the average Arctic land surface temperature continued to warm and global ice and snow cover continued to decline. Sea ice extents in the Antarctic hit record daily and monthly lows in August and November

... Deke Arndt, chief of the climate-monitoring branch at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information, described the report as diagnostic when asked if anyone from the White House had weighed in on it or questioned its findings.

“This report is a diagnostic report. It basically diagnoses what is happening in the climate system,” Arndt said on a conference call. “It’s intended to provide intelligence to those sort of decision makers that you’re talking about.”

Concentrations of major greenhouse gases in the atmosphere also reached to new highs in 2016. For instance, the global average concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2), the primary driver of anthropogenic climate change, in the atmosphere reached 402.9 parts per million (ppm). This was the first time on record that CO2 concentration exceeded 400 ppm. The consensus of climate scientists is that the maximum safe level is 350.

NOAA Report:
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/reporting-state-climate-2016

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 04:09:48