Taken For Granted - New Band

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:52 am
I am so proud of my little brother ! (Not so little I guess, just younger!) He and his friends started a band, called Taken For Granted, won the "Got Milk?" contest and got some money, were being played on a local station and have now gotten their website up and running!

They are a rock/punk band and I think they are pretty good! Of course, I am sort of biased...but I just wanted to express my excitement and tell everyone how proud I am!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

I know I can't promote or advertise but if anyone is interested in checking them out, PM me. Oh and you't better be interested.... Twisted Evil Jk...or am I?? :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
http://www.purevolume.com/takenforgrantedmqt/photos/393026

Picture of the band...how fun!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:03 pm
That's so cool...let me know when something is recorded.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:45 am
Well, they have a really crappy demo on the site...and an even crappier video. I told them to scrounge up some cash and buy some studio time. But you know those damn college kids. Drunk Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 08:06 am
Hmm...does the college have a music production program? I was able to get free time when I was in college to record demos for students needing material for their projects, you know, to show their studio skills.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 08:32 am
problem is, it isn't for a project or anything. i don't know if they could swing it...I suppose it's worth a shot though, huh?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 08:46 am
Or they could do it the old-fashioned American way. Go to the parent most solvent and ask for a $5,000 advance on their future earnings.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:59 am
His music might not be for a project, but if the school does have a program, some of the production students may be willing to record free demos for their own projects/schoolwork.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
ahhh, I see...I will ask him about it. The recording they have is awful!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 10:30 am
Cool. I generally had to do mine in the wee hours of the morning, but hey, it was free. Wink They still don't sound too bad.
0 Replies