15
   

Where is Jeff Sessions?

 
 
revelette1
 
  3  
Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:26 am
Where is Jeff Sessions? Apparently he is hunkering down and undoing all the progressive changes which started under the Obama administration with respect to harsh sentences.

Prosecutors balk at Sessions order to pursue most severe penalties (WP)
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 02:07 pm
@revelette1,
So... has he actually surfaced?
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 03:00 pm
@DrewDad,
Things are moving quickly. Right now Trump, Bannon, Sessions and the rest of them are finalizing plans to abscond and spend the remainder of their lives in nice dachas under the protection of the Russians. Except for Sean Spicer-he'll be holding a press conference saying everything is going fine when the world gets the news that the rest of the Administration are pulling a Burgess & Maclean. Spicer eventually beats all charges when he convinces a jury he really didn't know what was going on in the White House.
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  2  
Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2018 02:05 pm
@DrewDad,
Jeff Sessions ...
is Audi5000.

Jeff Sessions Out As Attorney General After Steady Drumbeat Of Criticism From Trump
revelette1
 
  3  
Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2018 02:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Paving the way to stop Mueller. The trouble is, I imagine Mueller is done, or as near as. By the time the Senate confirms whoever Trump picks to replace Sessions, Mueller will have probably turned in his report, to who?

Edit: hopefully, it will be leaked.

Blickers
 
  5  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:42 am
@revelette1,
The Democrats can just convene an investigation by any number of committees including the House Oversight Committee, House Intelligence Committee and others to bring Mueller in to tell his findings and to reveal any interference to the investigation from Trump or others.

If any interference occurs, the House can commence impeachment proceedings.
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:36 am
@Blickers,
I think we are heading for "interesting times" and Trump , from his last day's performances, is getting panicky that his family may be targeted
tsarstepan
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:49 am
@farmerman,
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:26 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think we are heading for "interesting times" and Trump , from his last day's performances, is getting panicky that his family may be targeted
Why in the world would he be panicking? He has the power to fire Mueller, and he has the power to pardon his family.
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:28 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Edit: hopefully, it will be leaked.
Does the leaker want to go to prison?
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  5  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:35 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

farmerman wrote:
I think we are heading for "interesting times" and Trump , from his last day's performances, is getting panicky that his family may be targeted
Why in the world would he be panicking? He has the power to fire Mueller, and he has the power to pardon his family.

Your disdain for the Constitution and obvious fetishizing of Trump is awesome (biblically not 80's slang).
revelette1
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:43 pm
@farmerman,
Well, if he ain't he should be, his family is a bunch of grifters.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:54 pm
I think Sessions is wherever the caravan is.

Out of sight, out of mind, not needed for the midterms.

__

Kind of funny how the caravan hysteria among r-w posters has just poof disappeared. Without #45 to wind them up .... they got nothin'
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Your disdain for the Constitution and obvious fetishizing of Trump is awesome (biblically not 80's slang).
No such disdain. I'm the one who is defending the Constitution.

The Constitution says that Trump has the outright power to fire Mueller.

The Constitution says that Trump has the outright power to pardon anyone he wants.
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:35 pm
@oralloy,
actually, under 28 CFR paart 600, CONGRESS has the ultimate authority to override the AG (or assn AG in case of recusal), in the hiring or firing of special counsel.
Im sure thats why Plump is, in other words, "panicking". I think someone read it to him.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 08:15 pm
@oralloy,
Oh yeh, The Constitution is silent on anything saying Special counsel or special prosecutors or any of the several names used as title of the position. WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY PROTECTING isnt the Constitution, its the Code of Federal Regulations, something which your ilk has been blasting as overreach for years now.

USSC has adjudicated them in many cases since the various CFR's have existed. USSC has said they were "Constitutionally valid", but never were any of them IN the Constitution.

Ive spent much of a career dealing with the 40CFR groups and I love hearing many of the clowns speaking against overregulation which has, for example, been the very LAWS that have gone in to clean up the Flint WAter Supply and prosecute the potentially responsible parties (PRP's).

So certain CFR;s are actually necessary eh?
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
actually, under 28 CFR paart 600, CONGRESS has the ultimate authority to override the AG (or assn AG in case of recusal), in the hiring or firing of special counsel.
I don't see anything like that anywhere in 28 CFR part 600.

But it doesn't matter. The Constitution trumps the CFR.

And the President has the power to unilaterally rewrite the CFR.

farmerman wrote:
Im sure thats why Plump is, in other words, "panicking". I think someone read it to him.
I think you are imagining the panic.

farmerman wrote:
Oh yeh, The Constitution is silent on anything saying Special counsel or special prosecutors or any of the several names used as title of the position.
That is incorrect. The Constitution gives the President absolute power to fire members of the executive branch.

farmerman wrote:
WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY PROTECTING isnt the Constitution, its the Code of Federal Regulations, something which your ilk has been blasting as overreach for years now.
No, I'm referring to the Constitution.

farmerman wrote:
USSC has adjudicated them in many cases since the various CFR's have existed. USSC has said they were "Constitutionally valid", but never were any of them IN the Constitution.
The CFR is irrelevant. What is in the Constitution is the President's absolute power to give orders to members of the executive branch, and the President's absolute power to fire members of the executive branch for any reason.

farmerman wrote:
Ive spent much of a career dealing with the 40CFR groups and I love hearing many of the clowns speaking against overregulation which has, for example, been the very LAWS that have gone in to clean up the Flint WAter Supply and prosecute the potentially responsible parties (PRP's).
So certain CFR;s are actually necessary eh?
I assume so. But I haven't given it much thought.
Blickers
 
  5  
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The Constitution gives the President absolute power to fire members of the executive branch.

Wrong in two ways.

First way-the Constitution says senior officials must be confirmed by the Senate. Whittaker didn't do that. Therefore, Whitaker is not the Attorney General, regardless of what Trump tweets.
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 03:56 am
@Blickers,
HEs laning on the "Appointment clause" of A2, sec 2, when its not mentioned there, Special prosecutors (counsel) are listed under the CFR.

the CFR has been adjuged as Constitutionally valid, but these issues as you brought up are the FACTS that Plump has yet to learn, despite all his hot shot atty's.
AND the issue of special counsels is NOWHERE in the Constitution, Trump (and Oralloy) are just creating something that aint there.

ITS the entire reason that Plump wants to get this done NOW, by strangling off the exec offices that he does have powers under Constitutional reference .He wants to get it done before the nxt Congress makes it virtually impossible and hes panicking that his family is gonna be indicted. However despite all the error laden beliefs of the president , In all cases, the Congress reatains the final word.

Problem is, some of these fringe newsletters and papers MAKE **** UP (as our great president Obama said recently in a stump speech)
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 04:23 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
And the President has the power to unilaterally rewrite the CFR.

This is all based on Trump's actions via Exec Order from this past July (the one that removed the requirements under agencies for law judges). That one (It was Wxec Order 13843) has been laid on the table and will have to be somehow Adjuticated to TEST whether its even constitutional. (All presidents do this and this is but the first which Trump hs fucked with the CFR)
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/15/2018 at 06:56:11