Where is Jeff Sessions?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 08:56 pm
@oralloy,
You are giving me lots of examples where you are upset when Republicans are prosecuted and the Democrats got off without prosecution. Can you give me any example where you were happy a Republican got prosecuted, or that a Democrat got pardoned?

Do you know what the word "partisan" means?
Blickers

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The obstruction charges are only important to the goal of lynching people who disagree with the Democrats.

But anyway it will be just the opposite of what you fear. The obstruction charges will obscure the Russia question, which will largely go unanswered.....

.....You will not get any accurate data. The only point of this entire charade is to harm people who disagree with Democrats. There is no search for the truth here.

"Donald Trump to be ousted from the White House before he finishes his first term has been a popular [UK] bet since he came into power, however following his recent actions there's been a surge of activity for this to happen before the end of the year," a spokesman for the betting comparison site Oddschecker told the Independent.

"In the months following his inauguration, 58 percent of bets placed were on Trump leaving office in 2020 or later. However, since Tuesday's shock sacking [of Comey], 60 percent of bets have been on him leaving in 2017 at 2/1, a price which has shortened from 9/2 in the same time-period," the spokesman added.

Meanwhile, Americans are also placing their bets on Trump's impeachment, with U.S. betting site PredictIt placing Trump's chances of being in office by the end of 2017 at just 80 percent as of Thursday, down from 87 percent three days prior.

Source
maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:06 pm
@Blickers,
I personally want Trump to finish out his 4 year term. I think he is awesome (and in 2018 we will see how right I am)!

That being said, Mike Pence is already preparing to take over. Not only are right wing blogs already talking about president Pence... he has taken the unusual step of starting his own PAC.

Blickers

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:10 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm not surprised. At this downward spiral, I think it should be even money that Trump is gone by the Fourth of July. But Pence has made several false statements during this matter which could spell some trouble for him becoming president as well.
layman

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:19 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
But Pence has made several false statements during this matter which could spell some trouble for him becoming president as well.

Blicky would keep calling for the impeachment of every successor until the level was reached where a cheese-eater was president..even if that meant going through 50 impeachments first.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Can you give me any example where you were happy a Republican got prosecuted, or that a Democrat got pardoned?

Not off hand. The injustices all tend to go one way, mostly due to the malevolence of the Democratic Party.

maxdancona wrote:
Do you know what the word "partisan" means?

As long as all of my facts are correct, what does it matter if I think liberals are evil?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:21 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
PredictIt

I really wish they'd put up a bet for Trump serving for eight years and the Republicans holding the White House for another twelve years after him.

It would drop to one cent, and I'd be able to place my $850 maximum at 100 to 1 odds.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:25 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
I'm not surprised. At this downward spiral, I think it should be even money that Trump is gone by the Fourth of July. But Pence has made several false statements during this matter which could spell some trouble for him becoming president as well.

I assure you that Trump really is going to be our President for the next eight years. And the Republicans really are going to hold the White House for a minimum of twenty years. And the Democrats really will not return to power until after they have been purged of liberals.
Blickers

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:32 pm
@oralloy,
I wonder if Trump is going to resign because more lying during the coverup will be discovered, or because all the stuff about cocaine and hookers is about to come out.
layman

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:38 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I wonder if Trump is going to resign because more lying during the coverup will be discovered, or because all the stuff about cocaine and hookers is about to come out.

I like the assumption that your homeys would readily commit the crime of blackmail. "We have this info, but we'll keep it secret IF you resign from office." A tactic Blicky would fully endorse, no doubt.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:44 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Most likely he will resign because it isn't fun being in over your head. Trump is about "winning" vs. losing rather than being about right vs. wrong. If there were a chance for him to bow out without losing, I think he would take it.

He doesn't seem to be taking the job seriously.

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Good grief.

Max, Blickers, I like both of you, so I really hope that when the Democratic leadership starts passing out Kool Aid, you guys both have the presence of mind to NOT drink it.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 10:07 pm
@oralloy,
In an apocryphal story, Lady Astor said to Sir Winston Churchill "If you were my husband, I would put poison in your tea" to which he replied "If you were my wife, I would drink it".

Faced with 8 years Trump, I might start looking for Kool-aid. Fortunately there are already conservatives and Republicans who are jumping ship, I am holding off on the Kool-aid for now.

I wonder who will be the last conservative supporting Trump here.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 03:04 am
@maxdancona,
I realize that it must be frustrating to watch your political ideology come to an end, but perhaps you could find some other meaning in life outside politics.

Maybe even reflect on what a hateful ideology liberalism is, and how the world will actually be a happier place without it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 03:06 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Speaking for myself, I would not conclude that. Not at this point. If that's what happens, OK, but I'm not presuming to know that now.

Mueller has no need to "make a name for himself," and he's almost universally acknowledged to be a reasonable and fair guy.

Fitzgerald was regarded as reasonable and fair too.

Somehow he still ignored the party that he knew actually leaked Plame's ID, and instead prosecuted an innocent member of the Bush Administration despite already knowing that they were not involved in the leaking.
0 Replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 04:29 am
@DrewDad,
If he is away from his desk try looking under the alter.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 07:04 am
@maxdancona,
Track this for a minute... you're arguing with oralloy on a politics thread.

I think that's kinda the definition of masochism.....
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 07:42 am
@DrewDad,
I am not really arguing with Oralloy, I am attempting a discourse with him. There is no harm in talking with people outside of my own bubble.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 05:14 pm
@maxdancona,
To be fair, disagreeing with me can be an arduous prospect. Since I always stick to the facts, that means there are always a ton of facts to back up my positions.

My prediction is a rare exception to that, but I openly acknowledge that it is a prediction and therefore has the possibility of being wrong (although of course I think my odds of success are high).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 06:27 pm
The degree of self-delusion around here is breath-taking.

I don't know why we're worried about Sessions. Sergey Lavrov is our foreign minister, Alexander Konovalov is our justice minister, and our de facto ruler is Vladimir Putin, right?
0 Replies