Taiwan police order Vietnamese women on marriage tour to go

Col Man

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:12 pm
Link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041106/323/f63pp.html

TAIPEI (AFP) - Police have ordered four Vietnamese women to leave Taiwan after a match-making agency paraded them across the island in a tour to marry them off for thousands of dollars, a police officer said.

The women had violated immigration laws and been given until Wednesday to leave Taiwan, a police officer on Penghu island told AFP. The agency was also being investigated for trade in humans.

Penghu has the island's highest rate of marriage between Taiwanese and foreigners and was one of the stops in the women's tour, reports said.

"These women applied for tourist visas and it's against the immigration regulations for them to engage in activities other than sight-seeing," the police officer said.

"It's also against the law if match-makers were peddling these women like commodities," he told AFP.

Local newspapers have reported that a marriage agency based in central Chiayi county had been "parading" the women across the island in a search of Taiwanese husbands.

The agency reportedly presented them to a packed crowd outside a temple in Chiayi saying they were available for marriage for a fee of 300,000 Taiwan dollars (about 9,000 US).

The women were later shown off at a temple on Penghu, the reports said.

Two Taiwanese men had reportedly shown interest in taking the Vietnamese as brides but changed their minds after learning the women were ordered to leave.

Police are investigating if the match-making agency was involved in trade in humans, a crime punishable by a minimum five-year prison sentence and a fine of up to 500,000 Taiwanese dollars.

Some 300,000 men in Taiwan are married to foreign women, nearly half of whom are from mainland China with most of the others from Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,490 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 03:37 am
I've heard of mail order brides, but geez!! And these women are obviously ok with this. So, Col. If I had $10000.00 give or take to buy myself a husband, would you be in the line up? Very Happy
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:05 am
ha Smile
no im not interested in money or marriage...
but im happy to come and give some free loving for a while if ill be looked after Wink
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:06 am
Have you loved or been loved ever? Smile
Or how many times? Very Happy
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:10 am
oh im very loved and all the time by many Very Happy
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:16 am
You are too cute! Smile I agree completely about the money thing and a year ago I would have completely agreed with you about the marriage thing too. I said never, ever, ever again would I be wed and in my wisdom (I actually do have some of that, you know!) I should know that one should never say never! But, as fate would have it, my head got turned, my feet got swept right out from under me, I'm packing up my few worldly goods at the end of the year, moving out of state and tying the knot next year.

If that weren't the case, you can know in a New York minute that you'd have an open invitation. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:18 am
Is this man a gigilo's gigilo or what? Very Happy I be talkin 'bout YOU, Col Man!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:38 am
hehe Wink
well i dont know what it is but i do seem to be popluar with the women atm Very Happy
there is a lot to be said for the power of love Wink
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:48 am
and im posting this as an afterthought
and i must say im not trying and im hoping not to offend you here
and its your life and your free choice...
but
omg what r u doing!!!!!!!!
getting married when you could be free to enjoy life
nooooooooooooo
dont do it !!!!!!!
hello
wake up b4 its too late!!!!!
why throw you whole life away!
and your saying again !!!!!!!!!!
noooooooooooo
on no why why why... why god why
didnt you learn and get it the first time?
do you really think it will be different?
well let me tell you lady : it wont be!
hellooooooo
there are 3,000,000,000 men on this planet
thats three thousand million!
and your going to marry one of them and exclude all the rest?
really think about it
and once you have thought
think again...
get help b4 its too late!!!

well ok then
go and do it
youll see
dont come back saying i was right...
they all do..
but i have to say this to you so i can say 'i told you so'

and if you change your mind.......
you know where i am Wink

have fun Very Happy
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 05:17 am
Laughing

I totally agree with you Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:16 am
Col Man wrote:
hehe Wink
well i dont know what it is but i do seem to be popluar with the women atm Very Happy
there is a lot to be said for the power of love Wink

You must be damn good at what you do, my man! :wink:
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:08 am
Col Man wrote:
and im posting this as an afterthought
and i must say im not trying and im hoping not to offend you here
and its your life and your free choice...
but
omg what r u doing!!!!!!!!
getting married when you could be free to enjoy life
nooooooooooooo
dont do it !!!!!!!
hello
wake up b4 its too late!!!!!
why throw you whole life away!
and your saying again !!!!!!!!!!
noooooooooooo
on no why why why... why god why
didnt you learn and get it the first time?
do you really think it will be different?
well let me tell you lady : it wont be!
hellooooooo
there are 3,000,000,000 men on this planet
thats three thousand million!
and your going to marry one of them and exclude all the rest?
really think about it
and once you have thought
think again...
get help b4 its too late!!!

well ok then
go and do it
youll see
dont come back saying i was right...
they all do..
but i have to say this to you so i can say 'i told you so'

and if you change your mind.......
you know where i am Wink

have fun Very Happy

Oh heavens!! Your arguments are sooooo tempting! But Three thousand million men?? I could get a really bad rep! That could be worse than the morning that Cleopatra woke up with such sore jaws after fellating over 100 men the night before! Shocked

Besides, the first time WAS really different. I was barely 21 and very naive or stupid or both probably! Mostly, I think I was just rebelling. Now I am older, wiser (truly I am!) been through enough of life by myself, albeit not without some good male companionship now and again. Interesting though how all of my male companions during that time were much, much younger than I....20 years younger at least and they pursued me! Go figure, eh? Smile Damn, now I feel like Rod Stewarts "Maggie May" Embarrassed

::clearing throat:: now back to why it really is different this time. This man is older (still 7 years younger than I though). He is smart and funny and kind and loving and generous and understanding and passionate as well as compassionate. He truly listens and always puts my best interests first. He adores me, cherishes me, spoils me, loves passionately and honestly. He makes me laugh, even at myself. He is my brat and I his pain in the ass. His imaginative and spontaneous, so strong yet so tender. He compliments my weaknesses as I do his. He loves me for exactly who I am and he is the very first man that I have met that I can find nothing about HIM that I would want to change (we wimmin folk often have a tendency to do that you know!) If I asked him for the moon, he'd find a way to get it and bring a star along with it just because. And he wants to grow old, old old with me. And lastly, he says I am one of lifes' most refined, beautiful "true ladies" to be found anywhere. He paid me that compliment one night after dining out and he said that just by entering the room, I moved with such style and grace and comfortablness that nearly every head in the room turned to watch. Now he could have just been trying to be nice. Smile

How could I not love this man? Col Man, I do know where to find you and your pleas of protest are so endearing to me. If ever I am alone again, I definitely want it to be you who says, "I told you so!" :wink:
0 Replies