Ain't she sweet! Princess Charlotte turns 2.

centrox

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 12:17 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I thought Kate is the first Royal that went to university?

She is royal by marriage, not birth. That's how they get brains into the bloodline, and always have.
saab

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 12:47 am
@izzythepush,
It is less work to wallow in ignorance than to have to learn about things.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 06:10 am
@saab,
Exactly.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 06:12 am
@centrox,
Charlie and all his siblings went to Uni too.

(I doubt they would have got much brains off Diana.)
centrox

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Charlie and all his siblings went to Uni too...
(I doubt they would have got much brains off Diana.)

Charlie's web site says he got a 2.1 in archaeology and anthropology, Wikipedia says it was a 2.2. Either way, fair play to him for that. Agree about Diana.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 02:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Foofie has exhibited, for many years, disdain for learning about other places than where he or she lives. Curiousity-less, and fast to slam places of which he or she is relatively ignorant. I bet aspects of his or her own place.

Yes. But that is not bad. It just reflects a non-universal focus. Nothing wrong with valuing my own country more than others. Remember, I was not raised in a universal faith.

You seem to be assuming that your perspective is a priori objectively correct?

And, it is nice of you to talk about me in such a manner (read sarcastic). I'm sure that if I talked about others on the forum, that would upset many. The old pecking order of the majority.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 02:38 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

Then Foofie should not be so arrogant regarding royals, as they surely have to learn about other places, people of all kinds of walks in life, about politics, art - the list is long.

Arrogant? No. I just have an opinion, correct or not. It is what makes me different in that I do not have to subscribe to the thinking of the masses.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 02:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He's always been like that, and won't change which is why I don't bother with him. Some people like to wallow in their ignorance.

No. I wallow in my differentness, since I do not want to join you, nor you to join me. But, you are correct; I won't change. Perhaps, that can be extrapolated to others of my ilk.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 02:41 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I thought Kate is the first Royal that went to university?

She is royal by marriage, not birth. That's how they get brains into the bloodline, and always have.

Or, at least not suffer from inbreeding. Yes, the hybrid of a species is often constitutionally stronger and smarter.
perennialloner

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 03:31 pm
@Foofie,
Does that not encourage you to seek company outside your community? It's interesting to me you so ardently dislike royals. They are trying to preserve their culture and history just like you believe yours, as an American Jew, should be.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 04:15 pm
@saab,
Good woman!
I mean that in a jolly and good for you way, not that I wish politicians or royals real physical harm.
I admit to hoping Trump flips on a banana peel. That would be a picturesque sequence that illustrated our US situation.
Apparently he is iffy on stairs, and no, I don't want him to knock himself out traveling steps. But I see the analogy.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 11:00 am
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

Does that not encourage you to seek company outside your community? It's interesting to me you so ardently dislike royals. They are trying to preserve their culture and history just like you believe yours, as an American Jew, should be.

Just because I value the survival of Jews, does not mean they are above constructive criticism. So, some have called me a "self hating Jew." But, who is above reproach? No one I thought. So, I offer some criticism of the royals, relative to the stilted childhood, in my opinion. Now let's offer some contructive criticism about secular Jews: Marry tall Jews; height is valued. Marry blonde Jews, or Jews with straight hair; northern European traits are valued. Marry educated Jews; intelligence is valued, be it real intelligence, or just regurgitated intelligence. And finally, be conscious of others' social class; the only way to value upward mobility.
perennialloner

Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 11:17 am
@Foofie,
Your opinions don't always seem aligned is all. Sure, no one's above critique. I just figured you might sympathize with royal families because you seem to value self-preservation as a principle, not just in relation to Jewish communities. Your criticisms of secular Jews are quite universal, across races and ethnicities. I'm sure the same is true for orthodox Jews; they just have fewer options to choose from so it's not as apparent.
Foofie

Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 11:48 am
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

Your opinions don't always seem aligned is all. Sure, no one's above critique. I just figured you might sympathize with royal families because you seem to value self-preservation as a principle, not just in relation to Jewish communities. Your criticisms of secular Jews are quite universal, across races and ethnicities. I'm sure the same is true for orthodox Jews; they just have fewer options to choose from so it's not as apparent.

I sympathize with children that seem to have a stilted childhood. The best time of one's life is burdened with pomp and circumstance, even if it is a minor role. Childhood today might just be less free in western countries, what with mothers working, play dates choosing one's playmates, and learning one's A,B,C's at a God awful early age. I didn't even know all the colors, until kindergarten. Childhood was so nice with old ladies in the park to give me candy after my mother gave permission. I don't even see tricycles anymore. Kids seem to have to learn how to ride on a two-wheeler with training wheels. Perhaps, I'm just hypercritical. I didn't even know to ask why is the sky blue. Who knew what the color blue was? That was for for older kids.

As far as adult royals, I wonder why no one seems to have made the analogy that they are like a vestigial organ, so to speak, from an earlier time. An anachronism, perhaps. But, if the commoners like them, it's not my business. The masses oftentimes have strange habits, like being content with mundane lives (read: a bit of humor).
0 Replies