Ain't she sweet! Princess Charlotte turns 2.

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 12:58 pm
For those of you that like this sort of thing.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/E3E9/production/_95854385_c5826bca-0605-4d56-a5a8-8ab38b325c25.jpg

Quote:
A photograph of Princess Charlotte has been released by Kensington Palace to mark her second birthday on Tuesday.

The picture, taken in April by her mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, shows the princess at the family's home, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk.

The couple released a similar photograph of Charlotte last year to celebrate her turning one.

Kensington Palace said they "hope that everyone enjoys this photograph of Princess Charlotte as much as they do".

In the image, Charlotte is wearing a knitted yellow cardigan with a sheep motif and a navy blue clip in her hair.

The family is expected to throw a birthday party for the Princess.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge keep Charlotte out of the public eye, but she was pictured at the Christmas Day church service in the village of Bucklebury in Berkshire.

Another notable appearance was during the family's tour of Canada, where she was seen several times including at a children's party in Victoria, British Colombia.

The palace said in a statement: "The Duke and Duchess are very pleased to share this photograph as they celebrate Princess Charlotte's second birthday.

"Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank everyone for all of the lovely messages they have received."
Princess Charlotte will be a bridesmaid at her aunt Pippa Middleton's wedding later this month. Her brother, George, will be a page boy at the ceremony.

When Prince William leaves his air ambulance post, the family will spend more time at Kensington Palace as the duke carries more of his royal duties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39769990

I've printed the article in its entirety but there's a heck of a lot more pictures at the link.

centrox

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
For those of you that like this sort of thing.

[Royal brat]

Sorry, Izzy, I'm not one of those.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Cute!

What are Rothmans?
centrox

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
What are Rothmans?

Nigel Farage's preferred cigarette brand.

Where did that come from?

http://newjonnytransit.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rothmans-cigarettes.gif
centrox

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:45 pm
https://i.imgbox.com/DFQJ7tad.jpg
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I'll add, in a way, the present British royalty system is not my business. I would sure have been against Henry the Eighth..
But who she is, is not this little girl's fault.

I've told the story before here on a2k, that I once shunned a British royal, Prince Philip. I stayed in the hallway's single bathroom when the head of the Department of Medicine took him to see my lab, back in, I think, 1966 or there abouts. I wasn't all that keen on the Medical Boss Man (neither was my boss who was responsible for all of our labs in that building, who worked down a different hallway), I was mixed on royalty, I'm of irish decent, and, way back then, a tad on the shy side. I don't know which of those contributed most to the fact that I waited about five or ten minutes until I could hear them leaving via the hallway.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 01:51 pm
@centrox,
It's on the thread tags under the thread title..

Almost makes me want to smoke again... but nah! Back in the day, I liked the detailed stuff that smoking cigs entailed almost as much as smoking.
saab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 02:12 pm
@ossobucotemp,
First of all I do respect our royals as they do a good job to represent our country. That I can say for allmost every royal in the Scandinavian countries.
You just shunned a British royal - I did something much better I stepped on expresident Nixons foot.
It was in Williamsburg and we wanted to get into a restaurant. I did know who this guy was who pushed me and my little dauther rather brutally aside. It was a lifeguard. I got mad and walked over and pushed that little guy who was going to walk out.
centrox

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 02:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I'll add, in a way, the present British royalty system is not my business. I would sure have been against Henry the Eighth..
But who she is, is not this little girl's fault.

Yes, she is a little dear, like all 2 year olds. her family is not her fault. I am one of those Brits who would prefer a republic.

My aunt once met the Queen Mother, she was high up in the Salvation Army and was organising a charity concert at the Albert Hall which the QM attended. She was very nice, apparently.
centrox

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 02:21 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
Almost makes me want to smoke again...

The ad about "where particular people gather" is from 1965, when tobacco advertising was still allowed.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 04:00 pm
@centrox,
You surprise me, I always imagined you lived in a world of coronation mugs, jubilee T. towels and framed clippings from the Daily Mail.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 04:03 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
Where did that come from?

Quote:
King Otto:(in a low, grumbling voice) Oh, Hello, Walter.

Prince Walter: (Michael Palin) PRINCE Walter!

King Otto: You little...

Queen Syllabub: (Graham Chapman) Otto!

King Otto: Oh, sorry! So, you want to marry my daughter, do you?

Prince Walter: Perhaps. (sniffles loudly)

Princess Mitzi: Oh, say you do, Walter!

Prince Walter: Yeah, all right.

King Otto: Well, in that case, I must set you a task, so that you can prove yourself worthy of my daughter's hand.

Prince Walter: Why?

King Otto: Because she's a ******* princess, that's why! I'm sorry. Before you can marry my daughter, you must go to the highest tower...

Queen Syllabub: Otto!

King Otto: Uh, oh, you must, oh... go down to the town and get me twenty Rothmans.

Prince Walter: What, now?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 04:09 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
her family is not her fault. I am one of those Brits who would prefer a republic.

I've got an aunt who witters on endlessly about how wonderful princess Anne is whenever the monarchy is called into question. She knows some people who live in a village with some tenuous link to said princess, and she's always turning up and being normal and wonderful both at the same time.

And she does charity work too.

When was the last time you were normal and wonderful and doing a lot of work for charity?
centrox

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 05:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
When was the last time you were normal and wonderful and doing a lot of work for charity?

I have never been wonderful or normal. I have worked for charities though.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 05:39 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
I have never been wonderful or normal.

You just need to change your background music.

Listening to the Bonzos has kept me both normal and wonderful, shooby dooby wah.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 01:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Does anyone in the UK, or elsewhere, lament that the young royals do not have the benefit of a normal childhood? Wasn't that the storyline of the Prince and the Pauper? I feel sorry for the fact that one is born into a role that disallows many personal decisions. Or, at least limits privacy for any made.

in my opinion, the Brits are so addicted to their royals, they might not even see that a child has childhood taken from them, at least the normal childhood, with regular children.
centrox

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 03:15 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
In my opinion, the Brits are so addicted to their royals,

Foofie, there are plenty of us that are not. "The Brits". Sheesh.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 03:25 pm
@centrox,
Don't waste your time. He's just looking for attention.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 03:31 pm
@saab,
You and Nixon's foot! I applaud you! as well as your daughter.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 05:45 pm
@izzythepush,
she looks more like the Queen than the Queen

that sweater is all over the knitting sites, home knitters wanting to recreate a commercially-knitted product