It's settled. I am in love...

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:39 pm
with the Old English Sheepdog. I was having trouble earlier deciding on a breed, but now I really think this dog is for us.

I also want the ragdoll in the last 2 pics. Smile

Nice when you can get a dog AND a cat from the same breeder who live sin the same state you're moving to. I just haven't told the FI this is "our" plan. lol

Outside of the calendar I sent of the breed and the constant pics I send, I'm not sure he knows I plan on adding another furball to the family.

http://disabledlink.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,314 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:58 am
One more that I love:

http://disabledlink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:04 pm
Wow, great pics Jo. I see why you adore them
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 06:38 am
Awwwwww be still my heart.

Please post puppy pics once you get a little darlin' of your own. :-D
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
they are lovely - but oh keeping them clean and detangled! a full time job Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:07 am
Have you been to the breeder's home yet? Visited the parents?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:13 pm
I couldn't trust a breeder more than her. I belong to "the" Old English Sheepdog forum and she's one of the biggest posters (known for the temperaments of her dogs). Combined with what I know about training dogs and the advice I listen to her give others ....I know we're on the same wavelength which says a lot for me. We've been im'ing each other for the past several months. I can't get any better than her. Smile ...sigh, I'm in heaven just thinking about it.

She invited us to her home once I actually move or visit OK. In fact, I just got off the phone with the FI about me bringing in a new family member once we get settled in OK. He was like "ohhh boy." Smile This breed was actually HIS choice though, not mine originally.

Trust me, there's no one more pessimistic or anal than I am about breed/breeder searching than I am. Try adopting a dog from me the several years I worked at the shelter in my area. I just HATE when college kids get a dog w/o knowing WHAT BREED IT IS, how big it'll get or don't have a backyard for a GERMAN SHEP., or ask if it's half price day for pets because they don't have any money (hello, you do know you'll spend at least another $100 on shots right, and let's not get into toys/food, etc?). Many people don't leave with a dog and hate me because of it, but I just feel too strongly about dogs going to the right homes and not ending back at the shelter.

No kidding about the hair being a nightly 20 min. task, hehe, but our dog will have a puppy cut and only long hair on the top of the head (i'll have her hair in a topknot). The time spent taking care of the soon-to-be pup will be worth it when we go out and everyone is like "awwwwwweeeee" Wink

I guess you guys have to know me. I like being different when it comes to dogs. My foster animals are all high maintenance breeds. Smile

Anyways, thanks for the compliments. I understand many people don't like dogs w/this much hair. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:17 pm
Awwwww!!!! They are sooooooooooo adorable :-D
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:28 pm
JH
Their beautiful!

I LOVE dog's with that much hair. I'll take a long haired dog over a short haired any day.

I love animals.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:31 pm
Sorry I keep adding pics. I'm not allowed to send the FI anymore. I'm sure you can imagine how many I send him. *rolls eyes*

paulaj, I swear I rarely hear that!! Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:35 pm
I don't see how people think the other way. There so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

I was driving down the road one day and I saw a man walking a sheep dog, the dog looked so cute I pulled over, got out of my car and asked the guy if I could pet his dog (that dosen't sound good! LMAO)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:36 pm
I also love all animals in all shapes and sizes and I adore big shaggy dogs:-)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:37 pm
There like big fluffy babies!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:38 pm
I live for the approval of a2k'ers. Laughing

paulaj, that's hysterical. I hear from the board I go to that it actually happens a lot. Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:46 pm
That's what the fellow said to me, "your not the first one to do this."
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:50 pm
Oh, how cute! I am more of a cat person for my own home. But these dogs are really cuddly. And the little kitty... :-)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
Pups are cool folks. This would be a very much nicer planet if we really were the sorta folks our dogs think we are.

As far as I'm concerned, there are far more bad dog owners than bad dogs.

Congrats, Joahaeo, and a hearty happy new dog wish to you.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:55 pm
timberlandko wrote:
This would be a very much nicer planet if we really were the sorta folks our dogs think we are.

ain't that the truth. Amazing how wonderful our dogs think we are and how positive they always are (except when i take the toy away. i've seen my dog get all hmmph, hmmph with me. lol).

This is really an "early" post. We won't be getting the above dog until May probably. Wink
0 Replies