Americans flock to Canada's immigration Web site

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:47 pm
It's a bit windy here, but not so cold in Toronto, unless of course, you are wearing a skirt with no panties. Then, you are welcome to have a Monroe moment upon one of our fine local subway grates. Just pretend you thought it was beach season....
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:56 pm
cavfancier wrote:
beach season....

I was at a public beach, (complete with life guard station and picnic tables) in Labrador on July 4th 1985. There were icebergs in the bay and a foot of residual snow in the shrubbery behind the beach. The water (I was told) was "bracing"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:02 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
beach season....

I was at a public beach, (complete with life guard station and picnic tables) in Labrador on July 4th 1985. There were icebergs in the bay and a foot of residual snow in the shrubbery behind the beach. The water (I was told) was "bracing"

Sweet. Cool Better there than on the Toronto beaches, which are often closed due to pollution and/or red tide.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:03 pm
Our climate in Toronto is however, somewhat more temperate, due to our proximity to the Great lakes.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:11 pm
Bear, you are invited any time you wish to come...up here I mean, for a visit or whatever.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:20 pm
The beachs on PEI, like Rustico are great but now they are crowded. When I was a kid, 50's early 60's, I can remember walking for miles along them and not seeing a soul. It was a fantastic experience.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:22 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
The beachs on PEI, like Rustico are great but now they are crowded. When I was a kid, 50's early 60's, I can remember walking for miles along them and not seeing a soul. It was a fantastic experience.

One sad thing about the beaches in PEI is that they are now suffering from bad erosion, and they are limiting tourism.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:23 pm
PEI?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
Prince Edward Island...the wife and I once considered moving there actually.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
It's the home of 'Anne of Green Gables', and has a great tourist industry.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
ah ok Smile hadnt heard o that...
well id buy a holiday home there but if its remote i wouldnt live there..
i believe (and ive said this many times) in balance, i reckon you need a place in the city and a place away from it all....
so you have both sides of the coin...
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:30 pm
Last time I was up there, mid 90's, my ex and I took the kids and I was disappointed. It had been completely commercialized. The same tacky beach souveniers you can get in shopes on Long Island Sound beaches in Connecticut were being sold in tourist shop in PEI (all made in Hong Kong).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:37 pm
Yep, the biggest tourists for the whole Anne of Green Gables thing are Japanese travellers. PEI, and the maritimes in general hang their provincial dreams on a hat, if you don't mind me getting poetic, because, hey, what the heck else are ya gonna do. It's a fisherman's tale, I tell you...
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:40 pm
man thats strange about the japanese and their fascination with literature
its the same near us there is a place called haworth where the bronte sisters lived (you know wuthering heights n all them books)and so many japanese go there they even have signs in japanese..and i mean only japanese...
there are signs in english and japanese but no other languages....
far out eh Smile
0 Replies