Thank God, DP, and BH

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 04:34 pm
Op Ed, Victorville, Ca Daily Press

Herewith I thank God and the Daily Press; to God for letting me live so long and as an introverted and compulsive Letters Writer, to Daily Press for the opportunity, such as this, to express myself in these Op pages; as well as my Better Half Laverne for taking such good care of me. I respond to the occasional "How are you?" by observing, "I am the happiest 86-year-old in The Universe." You will note I cap. "Universe" 'cause I'm also a pantheist.

Thanks lso to a2k for running my tedious tomes. To TAT: You don't hafta read the following, I won't be offended

https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=capitalize+universe,+pantheism,+atheist,+etc

For instance, thanks to award-winning Daily Press this morning April 20 for the front-page "Fox News fires mainstay Bill O'Reilly," where "…following allegations of sexual harassment….the same day he was….in Rome shaking the hand of Pope Francis." So thank you Press, for a 5-minute guffaw that will sustain me still another week.

Thanks also for the regular "Give Blood" notices. Feeling guilty about such a fine existence, almost an entire lifetime still between nuclear wars, not yet so overpopulated that we're all sick and starving; while many fatal diseases can now be cured: I've donated blood in a sort of thanks and would like to do it again. However, the process gets so complicated for an old guy that I hope you can simplify it. More later, but presently yardwork calls.

Of course all is not is well everywhere, affording a chance to explain what I mean by my apodictical existential pantheism. The same day we note, "Pilot error blamed for fatal U2 spy plane crash" which "…forced him and an instructor to eject…killing the instructor,…" which could be interpreted as God's way of advising the instructor's teaching crew that one ought not teach pullup too early in the course. As for my BH, I am astounded to report that she takes such good care of me that I get very few chores at all. Except however, I'm still very adept at carrying heavy objects!

I do have one grief with God, though. Guy, you've got to somehow advise all the Software Supers that they've got to hire better programmers for their editing routines, that seem to get sillier and sillier. With the last mod my Letter here under composure can't easily be moved across the screen or changed in size--so I can't see the whole page at once, while Mailbox in the background is faded out so I can't quickly return that page for a quick ref. without learning a number of new and not-so-obvious editing routines. And when will you ever learn that "isd" is a misspelling of "is" ? Can't you see how close the "d" to the "s" ?

[…And for Your Sake, a black cursor on the darkened screen ??]

[Oh and God, about "apodictical, existential…," I use the two adj.'s so as to sound more impressive. As it turns out however, they're pertinent, making us pantheists' view of God more palatable: the first interpreted as meanin' obvious, or "…the nature of necessary truth," and the second, "…grounded in existence…having being...radically free..understandable in scientific terms….free of anxiety….guilt…"

Thanks, God, you make me out as smarter (and more innocent?) than I am. Oh incidentally, about the Software Sillies' hiring instructions: That's an IQ higher, not lower than 63….]

….and they must learn to touch-type.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

Hi Steve & Todd, yes they get too long sometimes. Maybe this'n could be divided into two, but it does seem to hang together…. somehow

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 04:47 pm
So there is Dale typing well enough, spelling well enough, communicating well enough.
He's a player at a2k, not a person with Alzheimers as he has been keen to pitiably claim for years.
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 04:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't believe it! Have we been deceived? Oh, I feel like such a fool!

Someone should let Izzy know!

* fades away out of embarrassment *
dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 05:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
So there is Dale typing well, spelling well, communicating.
Holy cow! Why, thanks Osso

Quote:
He's a player at a2k, not a person with Alzheimers as he has been keen to pitiably claim for years.
Eighteen years (12?). In fact Osso I am losing it. So if I've retained any writing ability, it can be accounted for by a recent report that vocabulary is the last thing to go

Meanwhile I forget my grandkids' names, and when BH returns from shopping and haft ask her again where she had went, I have to repeat the q. But occasionally looking over earlier pastiles (?) pas-tiles pas tiles? pastilles? I find one I can't even remember writing

So I can only hope you're rightg, that it's only my imagination...

What makes me wonder some time, sure I'm usin' it, is, eg, 'rightg.' Is it the incredibly stupidity of the various progs that they can't recog it as a missp of 'right' or was 'right' no longer the right word.....

Alas, too, my apolos to all for what might be r'c'gn'z'd as 'pitiable'

But thanks again Osso, it's so rare......
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 05:23 pm
@wmwcjr,
Some of us of alzheimers' families don't find him cute. A lot of my mother's family was institutionalized back in Boston, and I've letters from that time. My mother was a wraith when she finally died, something like twelve years after when my father first commented (before he died).

People like me live decades knowing about it. So fear is there. Probably Dale is fearful with his several years now claims, but he uses it.

I'm quite past the age when my mother first showed symptoms, knock on wood, but I'm aware of some failing, paperwork for example. I've had enough of it in life and veer away now. Dale, there are different kinds of dementia, and also ordinary aging brain lapses.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 05:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Did you have another username?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:17 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
another username?
Don't think so Osso but dunno fershur
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
don't find him cute
Apolos Buco but really believed that's what it is tho now not quite so sure

Quote:
...but he uses it
I sure do 'cause tmw what lil's left might be gone

Quote:
...also ordinary aging brain lapses
Thanks Cote, hope on hope....
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:43 pm
If this routine is real, being alzomeric, a word I made up, I sympathize.
Your play, ******* with posters names, confusing learners, counting strokes, seems more like to be a part of an attention needer.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:44 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
So there is Dale typing well enough, spelling well enough, communicating well enough
Wow Oss, I'm absolutely flabbergasted, or do I mean flat red

Just kiddin' Temp. I do 'mem' a few long'n's

Note to Daily Press Ed,'s Steve and Todd: Either you fellas aren't as fussy as your retired Steve W or today I'm just a better writer. Between such recognition and Osso's comments above I'm hopin' the latter
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
...f...ng with posters names...
Admittedly Osso (formerly 'Oss'), the TAT all become very upset with my abbrs. However in doing so in some 18 years I have saved some 98,452,117 keystrokes (by actual count)

The trick, in case you ever need it, is not to take 'em too seriously. Actually they do mean well most of the time; but they do seem to feel compelled to read all my postings tho I tellin'em they don't hafta
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 07:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Hi, ossobucotemp. I haven't associated Dale's style of posting with Alzheimers. I didn't know what to think of it.

I'm very sorry about your mother's family. I can relate to the fear factor. My mother had two bouts with cancer, the second of which was terminal. It was absolutely horrible. So, cancer holds a particular fear with me.

I hope I didn't offend you. I would never do that deliberately. I wish you the best concerning your health.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 08:49 pm
@wmwcjr,
Wm, there is no chance I will diss you.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:30 am
@ossobucotemp,
That's very nice of you to say that. I'm not perfect, but I know you wouldn't diss me. The feeling is mutual. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't misunderstood.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 04:39 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
haven't associated Dale's style of posting with Alzheimers
Recently found that vocab is the last thing to go
0 Replies