Being targetted.

girlie

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:37 pm
Hello,

Some users have been following my posts into different sections and even down voting and insulting me when it doesn't have to do with politics.

They have down voted my relationship questions as well and have personally attacked me just because they didn't agree with my political views (which I'm confused, because I only post facts and reality and I'm really confused why they don't agree with reality that they feel the need to stalk my posts.)

I'm being harassed with the down votes, is there a way to find out who these people are to get them to stop? They are abusing the down votes.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:48 pm
@girlie,
Jesus Christ! You came here and started insulting people and calling them names. Now you are whining about people not agreeing with you? If you don't like it here, then go somewhere else.

If you do like it here, then maybe you might try being one of the users here who reaches out to understand different perspectives.

There are two types of people here. There are people who like to sling crap at each other with a constant barrage of childish insults. And then there are people who try to have intelligent discussions where they understand other points of view. In the threads I have seen from you so far, I haven't seen anywhere that you have attempted to understand, or respect, any point of view you disagree with.

To me that is the strength of a public forum such as this... it gives me a chance to interact with intelligent people who don't have my perspective. Sadly people still have to deal with crap being slung. Happily you can ignore it.

If you come in here throwing crap at other people (as you have) you shouldn't be surprised at the result.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:57 pm
@girlie,
Welcome to life. Life on an Internet forum/board.

Up and down votes happen, it may even seem extreme. Point is, don't let it tear you down. Don't let it eat up your innards more than a gizzard that's been chewed and chomped and spit out by a rabid vegetarian possum.

If you really feel there are too many thumbs against you, contact management. Use the 'Contact us' link at the bottom right of the page. Mainly though, try to ignore it and never give people the satisfaction of knowing it makes you want to shred your linens.

...and no, at present, we the members aren't able to tell who voted how.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
And then there are people who try to have intelligent discussions where they understand other points of view.

I guess you figure that would be you, eh, Max?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:15 pm
@camlok,
Why do you insist on this Camlok? You have posted this on several different unrelated threads. Are you really taking our interactions that personally? Believe it or not, Camlok, no one has an obligation to respond to you. We all are here for our own entertainment.

I didn't say I was interested in *every* point of view. There are points of view I consider too ridiculous to consider (which I generally ignore). And there are some that I make sport of (I generally do this when positions are are aggressively pushed on me and/or that I consider to be particularly ridiculous). The topics or opinions that I consider interesting enough to engage on is a subjective personal decision.

I have had many intelligent/respectful discussions here with people I disagree with. You and I haven't been able to do this. In my opinion I have tried. You may disagree, but so what.

If I find it easier to have an intelligent discussion with girlie than I do with you, I would consider that a good thing. I seem to have really offended you. If I didn't enjoy engaging with you, I wouldn't do it.
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have had many intelligent/respectful discussions here with people I disagree with. You and I haven't been able to do this (although in my opinion I have tried, but you may disagree).

I point this out because you have not exhibited the slightest bit of intelligence on the topic we both know this is about. You haven't offended me at all. You have illustrated that you aren't at all what you brag being about.

Quote:
If I find it easier to have an intelligent discussion with girlie than I do with you, I would consider that a good thing.

Knock yourself out, Max.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:22 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
I point this out because you have not exhibited the slightest bit of intelligence on the topic we both know this is about.

You are saying this because I disagree with you. So what. Making personal attacks on people's intelligence because they disagree with you isn't very interesting.

I have never felt the need to attack your intelligence or the intelligence of your posts. I simply ask questions about your reasoning and let readers judge for themselves.

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You are saying this because I disagree with you.

Not in the least. I am saying this because you failed to exhibit the slightest bit of intelligence. You would not address anything, even things that are wildly impossible - supporting things that are totally impossible seems to you, as natural as a stroll in the park.

Yet you consider that you expended some of Max's intelligence.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:32 pm
@camlok,
I am curious if there there is anyone who disagrees with you that you consider intelligent.

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:33 pm
@camlok,
You gave away your hand a number of times - when you said "I don't watch propaganda videos".

How would you know if you won't watch them? Your intellect seemed to prevent you from offering up anything to support your "side". Why is that?

Do you consider this to be a sign of one using their intellect?
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:34 pm
@maxdancona,
A common dodge of yours.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:42 pm
@camlok,
Yes I do consider not wasting time with propaganda videos to be a sign of intelligence.

Let's review the history.

I got a little annoyed because in my opinion, you were spamming up a bunch of unrelated threads with your opinions about 9/11. I told you a few time that this was a topic that didn't interest me. The fact that I was ignoring you upset you, and you started (at that point) insulting my intelligence. At this point I could have continued ignoring you until you went away.

Instead, I decided to try an experiment.

I started a thread on 9/11 where I would automatically accept everything that you told me about 9/11. On this thread, I decided to even accept "facts" that I am pretty confident are incorrect (particularly ones that contradict the things I learned about Physics while working on my Physics degree). On this thread I didn't dispute anything you said. I simply asked questions.

The experiment I was doing on this thread interested me. The question is whether by accepting everything you were saying about your theories about 9/1 any plausible narrative would emerge. The question is whether there is any possible alternative story makes any sense.

To me this was kind of a cool experiment. I was giving you every opportunity to come up with a scenario that made any sense to me.

And this thread I created has been amusing to me. Hopefully it has been interesting for you too (or else you should just ignore it).

Your opinion on my intelligence has nothing to do with anything. If interacting with me amuses you, than keep doing it. If you don't judge me intelligent enough to be worth your interactions... then I don't understand why you persist.

You amuse me Camlok. I hope the feeling is mutual (or else you are simply wasting your time).
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:45 pm
Quote:
(particularly ones that contradict the things I learned about Physics while working on my Physics degree)

And with a Physics degree you are still too frightened to address the science. You truly are hopeless, Max.

What year did you flunk out in? There are so many things that are at polar opposites to Newton's laws and you sail along in your oblivion.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:47 pm
@camlok,
Personal attacks aren't interesting. Sorry, I don't play that game.
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:52 pm
@maxdancona,
I've noticed that about you, and Americans in general, Max. You hate to hear the truth.

Why can't a fellow who suggests he has a physics degree discuss laws of physics and how they relate to those buildings?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:58 pm
@camlok,
I could try to explain the Physics to you... but what good would that do either one of us. As soon as what I said contradicted anything you believe, you would just launch into personal attacks. And, personal attacks don't interest me.

I don't know what you think we are doing here.... this site is entertainment. You aren't going to gain any converts here by assaulting anyone who doesn't accept your knowledge and insight. This is just a place for us to amuse, and occasionally inform ourselves.

A quick aside.... you can't educate other people who don't want it any more than other people can educate you. You can only inform yourself. I have chosen to learn some things from people here from people like Thomas, and DrewDad... but these were the things that interested me and I chose to learn them.

So just enjoy. If you want to learn something on a topic that I happen to have studied, I would be happy to help you. If you don't believe that I have any expertise on Physics (or on any other topic) then there is no use.

I am not interested in personal attacks. I don't know what you get out of insulting people... but I find it boring.

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:01 pm
It's amazing how people who have been here less than 48 hours think it's up to them to police etiquette at this site.

Mind-blowing.
0 Replies