HRC hard-ons. Will they ever get over it?

Builder

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:19 pm
Seriously, you now have a president, voted in by the people, for the people.

When will you get over your butthurt, and get on with it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 789 • Replies: 30
Topic Closed
No top replies

McGentrix

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:20 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Sheeeeeit, we still hear about Reagan so have a big ol cup of STFU.
Builder

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:34 pm
@McGentrix,
Ronny Raygun? He managed to get elected.

A visionary with sight problems.

Can't believe that voodoo economics is still on the table.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 03:10 am
What's the problem with believing a cash-hungry cow was your political pride and joy?

McGentrix

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

What's the problem with believing a cash-hungry cow was your political pride and joy?

I don't know, but then I am not and was not an HRC supporter. She had a lot of faults and was really a broken down clunker of a candidate.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:10 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

I was not HRC supporter by any stretch of the imagination. So, my disapproval of, and resistance to, Trump has nothing to do with her.

That being said, how did you feel about when Obama was voted (two times) by the people. Of course this isn't a fair comparison, Obama won the popular vote in both elections.
McGentrix

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:15 am
@maxdancona,
How did I feel about it? I thought half the country was nuts the second election. The first election I can understand voting for Obama, Hell, I almost did.

Either way, he was President so I rolled with it. I think my posts at that time reflect that. I disagreed with a lot of his policies and decisions though and expressed that.
maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:22 am
@McGentrix,
I am rolling with it. I shush the impeachment talk. I accept that Trump is president. I still work for what is important to me (which is generally against the Trump agenda), but I think you understand that.

I work with a political advocacy group on immigration. They had a meeting on making my state a sanctuary state, this is an "inside-baseball" meeting for advocates; the discussion is about strategy (everyone already agrees about the issue).

They had a problem because this meeting, which last year had fewer than 20 attendees now had over 300 people expressing interest. They had to move the meeting to a church. The church building overflowed. The meeting organizers were flabbergasted with their sudden success. Many new committee were formed. People are energized.

I see a silver lining to the Trump presidency.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:28 am
We on the politically-energized left are talking a lot about the Tea Party. The Tea Party was successful at persuading legislators and moving public opinion. I didn't like what the Tea Party stood for, but you can't argue with their methods or their results.

We are learning from them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:07 am
Ha ha - I didn't know what HRC was and opened this up --- I thought the hard-on was more well you know....

But upon reading some of this - overall we had two bad candidates - many people did not vote in the presidential election as a result. Funny I looked up my town's voting record just to see where on all items people stood where I lived. And just seeing the number of votes cast overall in each item on the ballot -- significantly more people voted on a question whether chickens should have more room than being forced in a small cage than in the presidential election. I think that shows the dissatisfaction most people felt.

I can also understand why people feel it is unfair that someone winning on popular vote should be elected the President. I understand the idea behind it is to allow those with lesser majority to have some say. For example, Alaska with a much lower population would have different concerns than say someone in New York so the concerns of someone in Alaska might never be met. Now whether this is a good thing overall or not I am not sure, but I do understand the reasoning of the electoral vote.

All that above being said -- what gets me is the intense hatred shown for our now President. Yeah granted he is far from the most likeable person - but there is an intense hatred that just cannot be good for the country. It isn't the dislike of the policies that is bad but the person hatred for the president and his extended family. That does bother me. It isn't helpful - what is helpful is to support candidates and policies that are helpful.
maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:13 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
ll that above being said -- what gets me is the intense hatred shown for our now President. Yeah granted he is far from the most likeable person - but there is an intense hatred that just cannot be good for the country. It isn't the dislike of the policies that is bad but the person hatred for the president and his extended family. That does bother me. It isn't helpful - what is helpful is to support candidates and policies that are helpful.

Is this "intense hatred" any different than the hatred shown to Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama?

People accused Thomas Jefferson of incest and John Adams was accused of having a vagina (look it up, it's true).
Linkat

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:16 am
@maxdancona,
Yes - it is different significantly more intense than any candidate at least that I can remember. Now perhaps immediately after Watergate with Nixon - but then I don't remember it as clearly because I was quite young then.

I don't think I ever in my lifetime seen such intense hatred for an elected president before.

For any others you might see a few whackos that show such hatred but not the public overall. It just seems like much more and much more overall hatred towards the individual.
maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:20 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
I don't think I ever in my lifetime seen such intense hatred for an elected president before.

Just checking... were you alive in 2008?
maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:28 am
@Linkat,
It is part of Democracy, and it has happened since the beginning of our political system. John Adams was actually accused of having both male and female sex organs, Jefferson was allegedly going to sell American women into sexual slavery.

Trump is a little unique in that he ran a reality TV show campaign... and the result is a little coarser than other administrations. I don't know what you expect when the president gets into Twitter wars with random people who upset him.

But, no. There is nothing unusual or unexpected happening here. There is nothing much different than the way our Democracy has always worked.

Trump is an unpopular president. He is being treated as unpopular presidents are generally treated. And his own willingness to jump into the mud with people who offend him makes it all the more fun.

If we don't like Democracy; where there is free speech and you can insult the people in power, then we should have stuck with Monarchy.

McGentrix

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 08:58 am
@maxdancona,
I think the news media's intense hatred is new. I do not remember ever seeing the media as one sided as it is now. This is also the communication age though where anyone and everyone can express themselves globally instantly.
Linkat

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:13 am
@McGentrix,
Well maybe that is part of it --- the fact that we have so much social media now that the intensity is so much more in your face on a more daily basis.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:29 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I think the news media's intense hatred is new. I do not remember ever seeing the media as one sided as it is now.

This is almost certainly untrue. Have you read what the newspapers used to print about politicians in the 1800's or early 1900's. I think journalism might have gotten a little soft in the mid 1900's... but I think that was an anomaly. The newspapers in generally were partisan and nasty.

And of course a big part of the current circus is caused by Trump himself. He runs around yelling, with the full media coverage he covets, about "Mexican Rapists", Rosie O'Donnell's "fat ugly face", and fat Miss America contestants.

Trump is jumping into the fray with daily tweets attacking celebrities. He is getting into twitter spats with everyone from Rosie O'Donnel to Meryl Streep.

Come on! Donald Trump is not a victim here. Give me a break!

Linkat

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:37 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
I think the news media's intense hatred is new. I do not remember ever seeing the media as one sided as it is now.

This is almost certainly untrue. Have you read what the newspapers used to print about politicians in the 1800's or early 1900's. I think journalism might have gotten a little soft in the mid 1900's... but I think that was an anomaly. The newspapers in generally were partisan and nasty.

And of course a big part of the current circus is caused by Trump himself. He runs around yelling, with the full media coverage he covets, about "Mexican Rapists", "Rosie O'Donnell", "and fat Miss America contestants".

Trump is jumping into the fray with daily tweets attacking celebrities. He is getting into twitter spats with everyone from Rosie O'Donnel to Meryl Streep.

Come on! Donald Trump is not a victim here. Give me a break!

My comment was in regard to the more recent presidencies. Even (I think it was you) just mentioned those of JFK to more recent.

I don't remember the media with so much hatred towards Obama as much as they do Trump.

That is different than twitter - this is media that is supposed to be unbiased reporting.

And I am not claiming that Trump is a victim just noting that there is much more intense overt hatred toward the current president than those in the most recent past - that I can claim to personally witness.

Don't know about you but I wasn't here to view the Adams era.
Linkat

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:39 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Just checking... were you alive in 2008?

Yes and I don't remember the same intense hatred in 2008.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:40 am
@Linkat,
Do you see how Trump's behavior, where he is constantly in front of camera's demeaning and belittling everyone who annoys him... is a big part of the story? He actually attacked Meryl Streep's acting ability Wink.

Obama did face attacks on everything from his religion, to whether he was American. Remember the nasty racial implications about being African or Muslim... his terrorist ties and his birth certificate.

He always either ignored it, or responded with dignity.

Trump's behavior is a big part of the problem. He is not a victim.

The idea that Trump (one of the biggest public bullies in my lifetime) is a victim is ridiculous.

1. Forums
  2. » HRC hard-ons. Will they ever get over it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 08:18:37