Does the Mormon God Exist?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 08:58 pm
@farmerman,
Darn Farmerman. All we had to do is accept Jesus into our heart (somehow that also meant we couldn't masturbate.... which made more sense to me 40 years ago than it does now).
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 08:58 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

The Christians believe in on one God and the trinity.
The Mormons believe in three gods united in one God.
That is one reason that they by many Christian theologians and denominations are not considered Christians.

The Mormons believe in countless gods by no stretch of the imagination can they or should they be called Christians.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:01 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The Mormons aren't the only non-trinitarian Christian denomination.

Emo Phillips explains it best.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDmeqSzvIFs[/youtube]

You do not get it, Mormons are not Christians, they are a cult invented by Joseph Smith.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I guess I was wr wr wr wrong. This i apparently more a "my god i waaay cooler than your god. My god doesnt need a wee wee".
His only begotten son was apparently delivered by simple mitotic division".

You are a funny person!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:04 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
The Bible says that God is light, that God is not a man, that you cannot look at God and live, that God is love. that God created the heavens and the earth, that God is a spirit etc etc.

Actually, Moses looked at God's back and lived (Exodus 33). So clearly God has a back that Moses could see, and a face that he could see (at the cost of his life).

But this is silliness. If someone has faith in Jesus, they are a Christian by definition. The fact that you disagree about details doesn't mean that they aren't a Christian any more than it means that you aren't a Christian.

Jesus said "don't judge". Do you see why that is a problem with what you are doing in this thread?

0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
I do not consider Mormons Christians

Of course you don't. Judging others is one of the most important parts of being a Christian, this is why the Christian world is so divided and so contentious. Jesus wanted it this way, he prayed that that people will tell who the real Christians by how they reject each other (see John 17).

Never accept people who disagree with your understanding who God is. By doing this, you might have to accept that you don't own God for yourself.

This is the reason that we have White churches who support police, and Black churches who call for rights of black youth, and conservative churches who want to deport the families being protected by Hispanic churches. The Catholic Churches and Protestant churches in Europe only recently stopped bombing
each other.

All this divisiveness and strife brings glory to God and serves as a proof to the power of the gospel.

And we have real Christians who believe and follow the teaching of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that are not religious or attend any church or follow any dogma or creed but adhere to the word of God as taught by Jesus the only begotten Son of the Living God.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:08 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
You do not get it, Mormons are not Christians, they are a cult invented by Joseph Smith.

I am curious. Christianity has been around for 2000 years.

The Copts in Egypt have a pretty good claim of being direct descendant the original Christians. Most Protestants in the US follow an interpretation that stems directly from Martin Luther. The Catholic Church has evolved quite a bit over the centuries in belief and practice.

I don't know what version of Christianity you follow. It is certainly no less of a "cult" than Mormonism... and it stems at some point from the teachings of some person who probably lived less than 600 years ago.

The attacks you are making on the Mormon branch of Christianity can be made about every other modern branch of Christianity (with the possible exception of the Copts).

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:13 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
And we have real Christians who believe and follow the teaching of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that are not religious or attend any church or follow any dogma or creed but adhere to the word of God as taught by Jesus the only begotten Son of the Living God.

I would deeply respect such a person. But do you understand what this would mean?

A person like this would not judge (which is a little ironic on this thread). They would sell all of their possessions and give the money to the poor. They would welcome the stranger (right now Syrian refugees are the people most in need). They would visit people in prison. They would love their enemies. They wouldn't resist evil people. They would give to people who asked them for help. And they would remove the plank from their own eyes before looking for the speck in the eyes of others.

I don't claim to be this person.

You are putting yourself in the position to judge who is a Christian and who is not. I don't think you are doing very well either.

0 Replies