Period pain relief

Col Man

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:33 pm
Link ; http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041102/344/f5rvh.html

Applying pressure to a special point on the ankle could provide a cost-free and easy-to-learn treatment for period pain.

Millions of women in the UK suffer from painful cramps during their periods, with surveys finding that at least 50% say the pain can seriously disrupt their lives and many resorting to painkillers.

Researchers in Taiwan have now tested the effectiveness of a simple acupressure technique on a group of 69 college students to see if pain could be controlled without the use of medication.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 18
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:59 pm
I find that going camping for 5 days of the month relieves menstrual stresss - for me anyway!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:49 pm
There are 2 other pain points that I know of (hand and ear). But, seriously, you'd have to keep applying pressure to these points for hours (or days) at a time. Doesn't seem likely as a replacement to meds.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:52 pm
I find that when my wife is having her period I can gain absolutely no pain relief whatever.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:13 pm
There is only one thing that works. Get The Hell Outta Dodge.

(I recommend this for you, bear, but if she leaves for a few days, that's just as good.)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
The only thing that works for me is bourbon...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:56 pm
Ibuprofen and a coupla big O's.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:00 pm
Oreos, bethie? Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:02 pm
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:10 pm
You gals and your periods....one lousy expelled egg a month and you bitch and moan...there are cottage industries of products about it....syndromes named after it........you whiny sissies....I expel millions of sperm by one method or another every day.... I always feel great after...and no complaining.........
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:

I would imagine only self-induced O's would suffice that time of the month.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:56 pm
Sex, marijuana, and separate bedrooms.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:58 pm
NickFun wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

I would imagine only self-induced O's would suffice that time of the month.

no way, dude.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 04:11 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You gals and your periods....one lousy expelled egg a month and you bitch and moan...there are cottage industries of products about it....syndromes named after it........you whiny sissies....I expel millions of sperm by one method or another every day.... I always feel great after...and no complaining.........

Oh yeah...well fine. Be that way! Razz Our one lousy expelled egg is only about 75000 times larger than your largest sperm! We work darn hard at getting that one lousy egg to become the most perfect that it can be in order to be bombarded with your millions of little horny toads seeking to be the chosen one. If we just happen to be whiny little sissies in the process, maybe it is just our female prerogative. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 04:32 pm
Lady J wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Oh yeah...well fine. Be that way! Razz Our one lousy expelled egg is only about 75000 times larger than your largest sperm! We work darn hard at getting that one lousy egg to become the most perfect that it can be in order to be bombarded with your millions of little horny toads seeking to be the chosen one. If we just happen to be whiny little sissies in the process, maybe it is just our female prerogative. :wink:

damn you're touchy.....must be otr.....
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 04:38 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Lady J wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

damn you're touchy.....must be otr.....

Nah....bladder infection. Produces the same responses sometimes. Smile And I'm getting so tired of this darn cranberry juice!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:15 pm
cranberry juice gives me major heartburn....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:33 pm
Five days a month aint all that bad, Bear, considering what I put up with the other 25.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:53 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies