Welcome to my nightmare...

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:42 am
PAN-

Why are you BLACK????????????????
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:44 am
Yeah, and are you having trouble voting?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:46 am
Pan might be in the dog house like bear, so let's be gentle, ssssssh.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
http://www.tnaqua.org/Animals/AnimalCards/AnimalCards/REPTILE/Alligator_snapper.jpg

That's the guy! That's the bastard turtle that has caused me sleepless nights. Endless nights of weeping and screaming.

Oh God, how I hate that monster!

Someone hold me please.

((((((holding)))))))....((((still holding)))))............................(((((held)))))).....there you go.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
I had a strange dream night before last. It wasn't a nightmare, though...not at all. In fact, it was quite pleasant...exciting, even!

I am living in the (finished) quarters of a brand new house that is still under construction but almost finished. A multimillion dollar mansion. The workers have to have security badges to get in. It's around lunchtime, and they're starting to deliver furniture. I am desperately trying to figure out how to get ahold of a badge so I can see inside the house. Then Bill Clinton shows up, flirts with me, and says he has a badge. We sneak into the master suite via a side entrance. The main room is huge, with a balcony even, and fitted out in marbles, silks and handpainted furniture. We start teasing each other and proceed to...um....try out the brand new king size bed. Bill and I are giggling like a couple of teenagers when the new owner unlocks the door and catches us. Bill, of course, talks our way out of it and promises to call me later that evening. Dream ends.

Last night, I tried to continue the dream, but Bill was gone. (sigh)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
Bill Clinton, a dreamboat? I never could "get" that, but I think it points to my theory that all these are variations on election day jitters. The new house... decked out in marble? A new administration? Probably, Kicky's uncle is/was a conservative. Gus, is worried that the voting booth will swallow him up (gotta admit, those darn turtles have always looked waaaaay dangerous to me).

I personally had a very bad dream about going to a restaurant and not having any... well, it was embarassing. Very, very embarassing.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:58 am
What, Piffka? Not having any...WHAT? Money? Teeth?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:00 am
Credit Cards.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:05 am
A lot of people have dreams about being naked in restaurants. I don't. What's it like?

My nightmare in a restaurant is not getting enough to eat.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:09 am
McTag wrote:
A lot of people have dreams about being naked in restaurants. I don't. What's it like?

My nightmare in a restaurant is not getting enough to eat.

On the flipside, from experience, being 'naked' in a restaurant is the line cook with 200 covers and not enough prep. Thankfully, I don't dream about that any more.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:14 am
Eva wrote:
What, Piffka? Not having any...WHAT? Money? Teeth?

Teeth? Laughing

That would be embarassing, especially if you were having steak and corn on the cob.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:44 am
Nightmares: Common Causes
Anxiety or stress are the most common cause: a major life event precedes the onset of nightmares in 60% of cases
Illness with a fever
Death of a loved one (bereavement)
adverse reaction to or side effect of a drug
Recent withdrawal from a drug such as sleeping pills
Effect of alcohol or excessive alcohol consumption
Abrupt alcohol withdrawal
Breathing disorder in sleep (sleep apnea)
Sleep disorders (narcolepsy, sleep terror disorder)

Kicky maybe the fever is related to a hot room, either that or it could be your alcohol intake.

One interesting thing a read was..."some people experience frequent nightmares that seem unrelated to their waking lives. These people tend to be more creative, sensitive, trusting and emotional than average. "

Kicky maybe you have a soft side.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:45 am
An interesting website..dreammoods.com
This is what it says about teeth falling out..
Teeth are falling out is one of the most common dreams at Dream Moods.

Meaning - One theory reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Since, good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:46 am
I've had the elevator dream too!

And what it says about falling (I would think the elevator thing qualifies for falling)..

Falling dreams are another theme that is quite common in the world of dreams. Contrary to a popular myth, you will not actually die if you do not wake up before your hit the ground during a fall.

Falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love. You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:46 am
And for Gusit sounds you are hiding and confronting issuesÂ…. To see turtles in your dream, suggests that you will make slow but steady progress. You need to slow down and pace yourself. Alternatively, it indicates that you are sheltering yourself from the realities of life.

To dream that you are being chased by a turtle, indicates that you are hiding behind a facade instead of confronting the things that are bothering you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:08 pm
Linkat wrote:
Nightmares: Common Causes
Anxiety or stress are the most common cause: a major life event precedes the onset of nightmares in 60% of cases
Illness with a fever
Death of a loved one (bereavement)
adverse reaction to or side effect of a drug
Recent withdrawal from a drug such as sleeping pills
Effect of alcohol or excessive alcohol consumption
Abrupt alcohol withdrawal
Breathing disorder in sleep (sleep apnea)
Sleep disorders (narcolepsy, sleep terror disorder)

Kicky maybe the fever is related to a hot room, either that or it could be your alcohol intake.

One interesting thing a read was..."some people experience frequent nightmares that seem unrelated to their waking lives. These people tend to be more creative, sensitive, trusting and emotional than average. "

Kicky maybe you have a soft side.

Well, since I haven't had anything to drink in two weeks, I don't think that could be it. I don't think I have nightmares any more frequently than anyone else. I'm sure this one was about 70% because it was too hot in my room, and maybe 30% stress.

I also had a dream once where I watched my brother get run over by a car, and I was just leaning down over him, crying, holding his bloody body, and watching him die. Man, such horrible images that we have hidden deep in our brains, eh?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:36 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I wake up screaming, then realize I've fallen asleep on my arm again.

one night i fell asleep in a recliner. While having my arm behind my head I had a dream were someone was attacking me. I woke up and felt someone grabbing my shoulder. I moved my free hand slowly up to what was touching me, grabbed it and pulled it as hard as possible... Turned out that it was me. My arm had fallen asleep and I jerked so hard it flipped me out of the chair on the fall dislocated my shoulder.

I had a dream where my father was a Don of some kind of "family" and called me into his room where he lay on his death bed. Someone told him that I had ratted him out and for that he shot me in the neck. In the dream i placed my hand over my neck and I could feel the air rush in with each breath and as I exhaled I could feel the blood flow out. I woke up in a cold sweat and my hand went to my neck where I felt the very same senstation.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:37 pm
Linkat wrote:
I've had the elevator dream too!

And what it says about falling (I would think the elevator thing qualifies for falling)..

Falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

This is interesting, I had the falling dreams so long ago, but when I had them the situation described above pertained to a couple aspects of my waking life.
Thanks Link

Kicky, see any similarities in yours?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:39 pm
Oh Seed, you poor baby! Those are scary.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
scary yes... but the first one got so many laughs when it was told to CROWDS of people at a time but my very best friend. Seeing as it was his house I did it in... eh but what are friends for huh?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 01:44:53