Welcome to my nightmare...

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 03:35 am
Okay, I just had the most f*cked up nightmare.

It started out at night. I am alone, and for some reason, I am in the parking lot of a place I used to work, sitting in my car. I am just sitting there, almost dozing off, and the next thing I know I hear somebody coming up next to my car, and then reaching through my driver's side window, which is broken, and dragging me out. It's my Uncle Eddie. He is drunk and in a wild rage about something. He starts beating me and yelling in a drunken rage (Which is really weird, because I have never seen him really angry or drunk in my life).

Somehow, all of a sudden my dad shows up, grabbing a tree branch from the ground, and somehow we fight off Uncle Eddie. I escape with my life, until...

The dream jumps to the next night, and I see my dad getting ready for halloween. It's dark outside. He is wearing a really cool scary costume, with a mask that had similarities to that goblin face guy from Scary Movie...anyway, I see him walk outside, all happy about his great scary costume, and suddenly he is jumped from behind by Uncle Eddie and his six sons. I see myself show up in my car and get out to try to fight them, but there are too many of them. I see my cousins jump me...and then it's just like a weird montage where I see slow-motion far-off shots of myself getting hit with a shovel, my dad being knocked down, my cousins laughing...and then I'm seeing it from the perspective of my brother, who is coming out of the house way too late.

By the time he runs up to us, My uncle and cousins are driving off, hollering and celebrating, and my brother finds my dad, his headless body lying on the ground, and his cut-off head lying on the ground next to him. My dead body is laying next to him, all bloody and beaten. My brother starts crying and yelling...

and then I woke up.

Isn't that crazy? Now, I'm going back to bed. I think my heebie-jeebies are pretty much gone, and I can safely fall asleep again.

Do you remember any nightmares that you've had that have been particular gruesome or horrifying? Have any comments about this one? Aren't nightmares crazy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,710 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Don1

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:07 am
My recurring nightmare is where for no apparent reason my teeth start to fall out one by one and within a minute I'm holding all 32 of my teeth in the palm of my hand.

Try figuring that one out.

I also have the one where a nutcase is trying to kill me, I've had that on and off for the whole of my life.

Like you say they are weird.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:20 am
are you in some kind of conflict Kicky? either with family, work or relationship? Usually dreams are your subconscious trying to resolve some issue..or it could be the pizza and beer ...hope you sleep better.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:29 am
I have a recurring dream that for some reason, my friends and I have to hide a body. Oh wait, that was no dream, it was my weekend.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:09 am
Oh my Kicky!!!

Comments - well - can you tell us about the feelings you have in the dream?

I generally do not find my own especially crazy. They seem to reflect fairly obviously fears or problems I am actually experiencing - eg when I have experienced a major loss, or am processing an old one again for some reason, (deaths etc) I always have a recurring nightmare of the thing/person/animal being returned to me, but there is a problem (they are sick or something) and I can save them if I can just make a telephone call, or do some simple thing - that I spend what seems like HOURS trying to do, but cannot - (like I cannot dial the necessary number for a million different reasons) - it is agonising - and sometimes the person/animal is dying revoltingly in front of my eyes, or decaying visibly or some such. Nasty, but bleeding obvious.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:12 am
Last night I dreamed that my entire little house was riddled with cracks (in the plaster). It looked like a spiderweb, there were so many cracks.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:17 am
Actually, just as drifted off to sleep last night, I had an extremely vivid dream that made me wake up to ask Mrs. cav if the idea had been used before, because I thought it would make a great screenplay for a psychological thriller.

I had a completely clear vision of a frumpy female plastic surgeon who kidnaps a beautiful young girl, and then surgically alters her to become more ugly. The surgeon was wearing a very church-like long blue skirt, a white button-down shirt, and something on her head that looked like the top of a burkha. This is no lie. I'm still trying to sort it out...and write thoughts down.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:34 am
hmmm
cavfancier wrote:
Actually, just as drifted off to sleep last night, I had an extremely vivid dream that made me wake up to ask Mrs. cav if the idea had been used before, because I thought it would make a great screenplay for a psychological thriller.

I had a completely clear vision of a frumpy female plastic surgeon who kidnaps a beautiful young girl, and then surgically alters her to become more ugly. The surgeon was wearing a very church-like long blue skirt, a white button-down shirt, and something on her head that looked like the top of a burkha. This is no lie. I'm still trying to sort it out...and write thoughts down.

I believe the surgically altered to become ugly angle has been used. If I remember correctly, I watched a miniseries several years based on a novel (maybe a novel written by Danielle Steele?).

There were two absolutely beautiful, and extremely wealthy twins. One was good--the other one was evil. I think the evil one eventually plotted the murder of the good one (but failed in her attempt). The evil one was married to a plastic surgeon, but she was unfaithful. In the end, I think she complained about getting some age lines around her eyes--and her husband agreed to correct the problem. When she recovered from surgery and had her bandages removed--she was absolutely hideous. I guess that stopped her from being unfaithful and the good twin lived happily ever after. LOL
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 07:19 am
Hmmm...well, if it's been used already....

Mind you, my dream was a little different, and what HASN'T been rehashed in Hollywood? Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:05 am
Don1 - that falling out teeth issue is a common dream. I can't remember what it means, but I have similar dreams myself.

Kicky - sounds like Uncle Eddy has some major issues. Is it anything like Uncle Leo on Senfield? I remember one episode where Jerry was dreaming Uncle Leo was working out with Brettanos (sp?) tattooed on his knuckles looking suspiciously like Robert DeNiro.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:09 am
Here is my most recent odd dreamÂ…not scary just shocking to me. I slept with this guy I worked with and felt so guilty because he was married and could only think of how his wife would feel. One odd thing, I had no remorse about my own marriage. Although I couldn't figure out if in my dream I was not actually married at the time. Also, the odd thing about sleeping with this guy is I have worked on a few projects with him, but typically do not work with him or do not even see him around usually. But that night, I did see him on the subway going home from a distance - I did not talk with him. Also, odd is that I am not the least bit attracted to him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:10 am
Death in a dream usually means change. THe ending of something in your life. Damn Im sorry you have such a vivid dream about your family members. Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:12 am
Wow, I'm glad I wrote that one down, because when I woke up a little while ago, I had forgotten totally about that dream.

As for how I felt about it when I woke up, I remember thinking how I have some resentment towards my Uncle Eddie and his family for various reasons which I am not proud of...I wish I had more time right now to get into this, but I have to go vote and get to work. I'll have to come back later.

A weird thing about me and nightmares: When I'm sleeping, I can almost guarantee I will have a nightmare if it gets too hot in the room. Happens all the tiime. Does that happen to anyone else? I mean, is there any physical thing that triggers nightmares for you?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:15 am
Thinking...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
Sometimes after a nightmare, I wake up with sweats, but I don't know if the sweats triggered the dreams, or vice versa. Our apartment gets very warm. Right now, we have neither air-con nor heat, and we are having a warm fall. I like the temperature at about 65 degrees, nice and cool.

I may have to start writing my dreams down. Some are so complicated and bizzare, I don't recall them at all when I wake up. Here's a question, do you dream in colour, or black and white?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:26 am
I definitely dream in color. I can remember the colors vividly in many dreams.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
I have this nightmare where I'm being chased by a giant snapping turtle. I try to run, but it's like my legs are made of cement. And then..... the turtle is upon me. I look up in horror as its enormous head with jaws wide open descends toward me. I cover my head with one arm, just like in the movies, but then feel my arm being crushed by its massive jaws.

I wake up screaming, then realize I've fallen asleep on my arm again.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:41 am
I have the same dream Gus...that's scary
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:41 am
One of the worst one's I've ever had is, I'm in an elevator and the cable breaks, I'm freaking out as the elevator plunges downward and right before it hit's I wake up, eeeeeew.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:42 am
http://www.tnaqua.org/Animals/AnimalCards/AnimalCards/REPTILE/Alligator_snapper.jpg

That's the guy! That's the bastard turtle that has caused me sleepless nights. Endless nights of weeping and screaming.

Oh God, how I hate that monster!

Someone hold me please.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Welcome to my nightmare...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:36:57