100 WORST Guitar Riffs, Licks & Solos Of All Time

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:47 pm
Hey Gargamel, I just saw a rerun of that Munsters episope with The Standells as guest stars. Do you remember that one?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:52 pm
No sir, haven't seen it. How does that one go?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:58 pm
The Standells rent out the Munsters home for large cash, and the Munsters are put up in a luxury hotel as well. Of course, they can't stand it, and decide to go home early, to find a big pseudo beat-hippie party going on, with the Standells as the headliners (I suppose 'Dirty Water' had just been released), and they join in the fun. After the Standells standard two song quota, and a bad beat poetry parody, Herman did a song, and so did Lily. All was happy in the end, as the 'hippies' left the house in a total mess. Ahh, 60s humour...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
Check it out, John Mayer's got a new album out!

http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/07-23-04-albums/Smeep.jpg
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:27 pm
Laughing I'm listening to Stiff Little Fingers...Suspect Device...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
Cool.

Lately I've been wearing out The Cramps, "Bad Music for Bad People."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
Oh man...I have that on vinyl...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:39 am
cavfancier wrote:
The Standells rent out the Munsters home for large cash, and the Munsters are put up in a luxury hotel as well. Of course, they can't stand it, and decide to go home early, to find a big pseudo beat-hippie party going on, with the Standells as the headliners (I suppose 'Dirty Water' had just been released), and they join in the fun. After the Standells standard two song quota, and a bad beat poetry parody, Herman did a song, and so did Lily. All was happy in the end, as the 'hippies' left the house in a total mess. Ahh, 60s humour...

It's incredible what a warehouse your brain is Cav. How do you fit all that junk in there.
Thanks for the tip on the "Standells". Did you see where I wrote about the impact their song had on us?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:43 am
where is the top 100?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:46 am
Laughing panzade, no, I didn't see your write, but post the link here, please.

An astrologer once told me that my mind was like a steel trap, as long as it was something I was interested in. Wink As for how I fit all that junk into that mental warehouse, sometimes files are hard to find, but they are there. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:55 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=997100#997100
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:57 am
Husker, I found this list in the latest Guitar magazine and I enjoyed them so much I thought I'd share. I've been a little slow but am planning to post a few more this weekend. They are wicked funny.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:10 am
http://www.knightbilham.com/clap3.jpeg

# 94

ERIC CLAPTON

"I'VE GOT A ROCK AND ROLL HEART"

Money And Cigarettes

A profoundly mediocre song from Clapton's bad career patch(i.e., everything after Layla), this drab little toe-tapper finds the Armani bluesman bragging about how he gets off on, among other things, "a screaming guitar." Then, on cue, he meekly tosses off cliched blues lick # 478, which only screams"has-been", if anything at all.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:19 am
Clapton should have stuck to blind faith, and can't find my way back home, and apparently he did.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
Yeah, when I heard his remake of the great Robert Johnson catalogue I knew he was tres "done".
Stick a fork in it Eric!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:32 am
I'm happy to own the complete original Johnson catalogue, in all it's scratchy glory. I recall Clapton's excuse for leaving the Yardbirds....he hated pop, and just wanted to play the blues, so he joined John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, then left to join Cream, wasn't it?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:35 am
Yes, and that's what's so puzzling about his career choices. By the way, I believe his guitar playing on "Have You Heard" (Bluesbreakers) is the most intense, sorrowful, agonizing wail I have ever heard from a "white" bluesman.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:37 am
http://www.iem.ac.ru/EC/images/covers/blues_breakers.gif
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:37 am
Well, heroin and alcohol may have had a say in his career choices...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:39 am
Expound, oh literate clown...
0 Replies