....And the answer is..................................

roger

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 03:16 pm
Lew Wallace wrote Ben Hur while governor of New Mexico.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 03:27 pm
and Gore Vidal wrote the screen play
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:36 pm
and William Buckley made a cameo appearance.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:39 pm
wow are we ever a trove of totally meaningless trivia? Wink
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 08:18 pm
Ok, dys, you're correct. It is trivia, but it's not meaningless.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 08:48 pm
so letty are you telling me TELLING ME! i am trivial but not meaningless? yikes the angst the very existential mother of all angst. so for the next question Who did write the book of love?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:11 pm
No way would I diss Dys.The Book of Love was written by me under a nom de plume ghosted by Truman Capote. Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:49 pm
Laughing was that, perchance titled "In Warm Blood"?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:50 pm
Shirley Knight: "Hollywood is the place where they give Charlton Heston awards for acting." (Best Actor, Ben Hur, 1959)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:55 pm
Try all of Soylent's delicious flavors: Soylent red, Soylent yellow, and new, delicious, Soylent green. Made from the finest undersea growth.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:22 pm
Soon they'll be breeding us like cattle! You've got to warn everyone and tell them! Soylent green is made of people! You've got to tell them! Soylent green is people!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 05:59 am
In Warm Blood? Laughing and speaking of cold blooded................

I have been searching for a poem about a man who saved the life of a snake, only to have the snake give him a lethal bite. The last line of the poem has to do with the snake's reply: "....you knew I was a snake when you took me in." The one that I am looking for is quite short. I cannot find it by searching Google. Anyone know the answer?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:01 am
Did you check the Google site using the quotation links?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:10 am
Hey, New Haven.

I have tried any number of ways, but all I can find is a rather long poem that involves a woman who cared for and nurtured the reptile. That is not the version that I was searching out. Thanks for the tip, however. I'll keep going with it.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:12 am
Letty, I searched a bit, and it sounds like an old parable that has been used and adapted in many cultures. I didn't see any mention of a possible origin. Sounds like it might be from Grimm's Fairy Tales or something similar.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:31 am
Thanks, Larry. It's probably by our prolific friend, anonymous. It just seemed so apropos given the present situation in the Middle East.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:32 am
Maybe it originated in the Middle East.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 08:19 am
a varriation is the native americans coyote tale of the coyote and the scorpion where in the coyote gives the scorpion a ride across the river but half way across the scorpion bites the coyote so they both will die, the scorpions answer (its just my nature) if you like i will post it in Original writing.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:18 pm
Yes, I found that, dys. but I know that I have it here in one of my old text books, I just despise going through book after book in search of a whim. Oh, well, maybe eventually.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 08:53 am
..And here's another one. I mistakenly gave Ring Lardner as the author of a short story called, "How Beautiful are Thy Feet Wearing Shoes". I read that short story, so I know that it exists. It's quite powerful, with a theme that encompasses ideas that still hold true today. The title is taken from The Songs of Solomon in the Christian Bible. No luck in my quest thus far.

Happy Vernal Equinox everyone Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:32:57