My perception of Almighty God, does it concur with yours?

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
You are like an old big mouth bass rising up to take a buzz bait.
2 things I can count on you doing is
1 revile others choices of breakfast meats that dont require yuge amounts of salt to be safe to eat or

2. using the forensic lingo tools of "questioned documents, spelling, and graphology" to pinpoint countries of origin.

RELAX, its just that "maths" does not roll off the tongue comfortably. Also, the American Collegiate Dictionary posts "math" as the contracted for for Mathematics.Only the OED insists on the archaic contraction with which ENglish schoolboys are familiar.

I find it annoying but, I guess you will continue to use it just to annoy, if for no ther reasons
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 10:53 am
@farmerman,
Anyway I want a gut guess reaction from you.
If you had to pick, you tag along with Infinity, or no actual Infinity?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 11:02 am
@farmerman,
It rolls off the tongue a lot easier than math which just sounds weird.

Our bacon isn't salty it's lovely, good cuts of mean finely cured and beautifully smoked. Yours is well, pretty yucky, not nice.

I don't bother with American dictionaries, the Collins dictionary calls it maths, and that's well good.

Btw, I don't play guitar.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:09 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil, Infinity entails too much contradiction and paradox. For instance if the usu rules of chance still apply, then at any time there would be an infinite amount of anything possible, including this very conversation
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
infinity actually has a value in mass and velocity. it assures our equations have limits and functions are defined. I guess Id continue with the way things are.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:28 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Fil, Infinity entails too much contradiction and paradox. For instance if the usu rules of chance still apply, then at any time there would be an infinite amount of anything possible, including this very conversation

Well, I know what you mean, but the thing is I think infinity wouldn't actually allow any conversation to make sense or even be possible...there would be an infinite set of meaningless junk in between attempts at concepts or any intelligible pattern. Full fledged infinity would make anything look like real numbers.
Infinity kills any attempt at "conceptual Gravityng". Everything is infinitely apart from everything else.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

infinity actually has a value in mass and velocity. it assures our equations have limits and functions are defined. I guess Id continue with the way things are.

No. Not really. It just looks like it. The all idea you get close to infinity is a farce. Anyway ty for risking an opinion.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
.. infinity would make anything look like real numbers....kills ..."conceptual Gravityng"...infinitely apart from everything else.
Thanks much Fil but you'll haffta elucidate on that last part in order to enlighten your Average Clod (me)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:38 pm
@farmerman,
Farma take the time to see this with care if you will. Rest assure it is interesting:

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
surely the word is rithmatic

as in the 3R's, reading, riting and rithmatic
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 02:18 pm
@djjd62,
Rythmatic would be better. Wink
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 05:08 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
A physical concept i always a challenge to a discussion. "Infinity" as a concept MUST exist in the realm of the applied physical laws e presently operate under.
I have very little use for "string theory" cause it doesnt go anywhere at present. Its what has been called "mathturbation" by one of our own. Anyway, if we stop at set theory(AND what it mans to math) and wherein we only use a concept of 1/0 (one divided by zero) as being "undefined" we aint advancing anything usable.(In chemistry qe deal with the infinitely small , a defined by "taking half steps toward a wall, or multiplying our standards by 1.612, or even the use of terms like Avogadro number as a reaction in a formula weight )
Making statements of "Thats the way it is and if you disagree you are wrong" is hardly scientific that I call a kind of "gungasnake logic". Its easy to deride rather than argue with (And I dont wanna do that and I will just ignore anyone who adopts such positions).
Lets use some evidence . Im open to discuss and learn about any "non standard" beliefs of the physical world.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 05:40 am
@farmerman,
I don't know what you asking for. You want evidence of the continuum or discrete space in the physical world? Was that it? That is at plank scale and it is with current tech out of our reach to decide empirically. At best we might never find evidence of a discrete space which does not prove the continuum hypothesis. The point was Mathematics is debating the consistency and logic of the all concept of Infinity and Infinite sets. That is a Philosophical problem. Infinity makes as much sense as Religion. It is mechanically and logically disconnected by definition.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 05:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
then just let me on and live with my "fantasy". Im actually more interested in the mathematics of dimensional analyses . We invoke "undefined" space all the time.

Were talking mechanics v literature .

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 08:20 am
@farmerman,
On second thought (after eating a hearty breakfast of real Western style bacon, sunny- side -up eggs and buttered whole wheat toast), Ive found that were busy talking past each other. Im talking one thing and youre another. SOO, while I NEED my concept of 1/0 to focus my limit functions for constants M,K,J.(LAMBDA),G, H. and K1 (To me 10 ^-35 AND Lochschmidts number 10^23 are pretty much in the same realms at different poles ) I fear that , since ww speak 2 diff languages you apparently dont need that in your Zeta functions (My own concepts of ZETA forces are involved with surface chemistry).
SO, lets just move on
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 11:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Just because someone writes "by the acre" doesnt mean that it means anything. Try to dissect ALANs BS and see what youre left with. GdeG, thats what. I only attack that which richly deserves it. There are kids on this site who are continuing under an impression that they are learning something. I can guarantee you that the OP's "thesis" firmly resides within the thesophistry of Erwin Corey or Brother Dave Gardner.

Sorry, perhaps youre just easily impressed with writing that parallels the Congressional Record.

How can you equate my writings with the demonic teachings a theosophist? This post is just my imaginary idea of what God is.
I make no claims of knowing the mind of Almighty God, because infinity separates me from the Divine Mind.
But the Supreme Being that is Almighty is can come down to my pathetic level and reveal some-things that I have the ability to comprehend, with my tiny limited mere mortal mind.

0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 11:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You seem to write , more in a spirit to impress, rather than tocommunicate with the simpler minds like mine.. Piling adjectives together and using "scientistic sounds" sends up "red flags" ofsome thing that hearkens back to my school days when the Brothers of the Society of Jesus would say
"If you cant express your thoughts in a fashion that is clearly and economically presented, perhaps you should work on the flaws in your understanding"

I was just watching a TV journal onKarl Reinhold Niebuhrr , and was amazed at how he labored to have his own writing be accessible and understood by his target audience. You jut happened to be the first riting Id seen after the program ended. My bad.

Who can forget Niebuhr's little bumper sticker."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Try to shrink your thoughts by , say, 1/3 and try to avoid sounding like the famous opening line of;"It was a dark and stormy night"

Over the A2k years, Ive seen many contributions like your opening shot. Its hard to takeem seriously because theres so much "poesy implied in your presentation skills"
As Peter Postelthwaite once said in a movie line,
"If I wanted bloody War and Peace, I woulda hired William Bloody Shakespeare" (The Shipping News)

I will take your critique very seriously and thank you for that
0 Replies