Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 06:54 pm
Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

In the more right wing of Islam, females are what I would call slaves. I am prompted to think in that term because if I were a Muslim man living under Sharia, I can buy myself a few child brides. There is also little stopping me from doing the same, --- where Muslims live under Sharia law, --- in new adopted countries in the free world. Slavery returns to the West.

Fraternité, if I may remind the English speakers, means a fiduciary relationship to all other people. Slave is appropriate here. Fraternité and honesty also forces that I must look at Muslim females as slaves.

Do I, as a free man, have any responsibility to free these Muslim women, who inadvertently help propagate slavery by their lack of revolt against it?

The West also helps propagate slavery by allowing it into the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

If I, as a free man hold a responsibility, as a free person, do you?

How much tolerance should tolerant nations give to a huge slave trading religion and government system?

Regards
DL

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:27 pm
@Greatest I am,
This is a good question. By tolerating a thing are we complicit? It's a matter of degree. If I tolerate slavery in my town, then I am complicit. There are laws here that prevent it. If I have knowledge of slavery in another country where the law forbids it, I am not complicit. I have a moral duty to report it if that's possible. If I have knowledge of slavery in another country where the law does not forbid it, I can do nothing.
Do we have the right to dictate to other nations? If so, they have the right to dictate to us. In that case the Jihad is justified.
perennialloner

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:38 pm
@Greatest I am,
You've attempted to frame yourself as a good person to disguise your only intention here, which is to attack Islam, and you've chosen to see Muslim women, as a whole entity, as slaves because you've learned to despise Islam. More, all while saying Muslim women are slaves, you've explicitly said they are complicit in their own enslavement. Do you realize how insulting that is? Women face challenges; some face many more challenges, but you should not see them as slaves because of those challenges. Saying they are slaves and viewing them as slaves is incredibly disrespectful.

Human trafficking is an issue the world over. There are people, men and women, who are slaves IN THE WEST despite your "superior" culture, and that is not because of Islam, as much as you want to blame it on it.

You have an issue with Islam, not female enslavement. Quit acting like you care about what happens to Muslim women more than they do about themselves.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:47 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

This is a good question. By tolerating a thing are we complicit? It's a matter of degree. If I tolerate slavery in my town, then I am complicit. There are laws here that prevent it. If I have knowledge of slavery in another country where the law forbids it, I am not complicit. I have a moral duty to report it if that's possible. If I have knowledge of slavery in another country where the law does not forbid it, I can do nothing.
Do we have the right to dictate to other nations? If so, they have the right to dictate to us. In that case the Jihad is justified.

When the U.N. and U.S. initially tried to tie trade to human rights, they thought that trading with countries who did not grant human rights was the moral and ethical thing to do which speaks to our complicity in helping promote slave trading nations by trading with them.

The West presently helps perpetuate slavery by not penalizing those nations who openly practice it.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:50 pm
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

You've attempted to frame yourself as a good person to disguise your only intention here, which is to attack Islam, and you've chosen to see Muslim women, as a whole entity, as slaves because you've learned to despise Islam. More, all while saying Muslim women are slaves, you've explicitly said they are complicit in their own enslavement. Do you realize how insulting that is? Women face challenges; some face many more challenges, but you should not see them as slaves because of those challenges. Saying they are slaves and viewing them as slaves is incredibly disrespectful.

Human trafficking is an issue the world over. There are people, men and women, who are slaves IN THE WEST despite your "superior" culture, and that is not because of Islam, as much as you want to blame it on it.

You have an issue with Islam, not female enslavement. Quit acting like you care about what happens to Muslim women more than they do about themselves.

A lot of truth in your post.

If you do not attack immoral ideologies like Islam, then you are not a moral man as you would let slavery go unpunished by you shaming it.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
I, a not free person, product of my own society and culture, see Muslim women as unfortunate byproducts of their own culture.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:21 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I, a not free person, product of my own society and culture, see Muslim women as unfortunate byproducts of their own culture.

Yes, but are they slaves?

BTW, I see all life as fortunate.

Regards
DL
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:22 pm
@Greatest I am,
We all are slaves...some more lucky then others.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

We all are slaves...some more lucky then others.

True, but in Islam, men control the luck, especially the bad luck of being a second class slave instead of being equal to the rest of us.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@Greatest I am,
Strange as off hand I can think of two major Muslim nations who had women as their prime ministers in my lifetime.

Slaves?????????
roger

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 07:20 pm
@BillRM,
Hey Bill! Welcome back.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 04:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Strange as off hand I can think of two major Muslim nations who had women as their prime ministers in my lifetime.

Slaves?????????

Yes. Slaves.

What do you call female children that are bought and sold to be the brides of old men?

To your first.
Was one or both of them from Saudi Arabia?

If so, they would need a man to drive them to the office.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 12:59:03