littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:04 pm
definitely
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:42 pm
My cats came from ferral mom/indoor/outdoor dad...considering the shape they were in, I vowed to not ever let them be hurt by other cats or situations outside, including the fact that Im a city dweller who lives parallel to major route. The increase in Feline leukemia alone is frightening. Not to mention the amount of radiator coolant around highly populated areas.
I think if you have indoor cats, like stated earlier, they should have window seats, fresh air <weather permitting>, climbing areas, and toys...lots of things to keep them happy. I tried the plant thing with Zoey but, she insisted it should be put to death...I have a few around but, basically most dont last long.
The girls have friends who come and visit...one who wants to live with us and one who taunts. There was another who used to come talking to them all the time but, we see that one less and less. I also put up bird feeders, which keeps the gals soooo very excited and happy...its all about hapiness with an equilibrium of stimulus.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:45 pm
ah yes, the bird feeder.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:54 pm
Amazingly..the aquariums do nothing for my cats...other than last night when Zoey decided to very vocally let me know I hadnt given enough attention to her this weeked...oiy. On occassion shell take a peek but, thats all...strange. The birds tough..gosh...shed love a bird...just for a minute.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 10:14 pm
Yep, my cats would occasionally lamely scratch at the fish tank. But, they both make/made that sound <geck-geck-geck> sometimes when they see/saw birds and squirrels.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 10:39 pm
I just finished listening to a funny old cassette tape with Garrison Keillor and an opera diva, mezzo-soprano Frederica von Stade, singing about cats, Songs of the Cat. There are lots of cat songs, but the funniest one, even if you don't let your cats out, is called "The In and Out Song." If you ever get a chance... listen to that song.
0 Replies