A private school in texas is protecting a violent student

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 07:44 pm
I recently left a private school for autistic kids and young adults, but my friend still goes there. It's held in a church and pays rent, so it has a fair amount of money called for the tuition. There is a boy who attends, around 19yo - we'll call him Jim - and he has admitted to having broken a kid's jaw in 2 places in the near past. Lately, he's been making aggressive moves towards my friend (she's 15) and has made several death threats towards another student (who is 12, but is stuck in the mind of an unfortanately annoying 6yo). My friend also feels that Jim is being protected by the head guy for having a rich family and providing money to the school... Also, the head guy (we'll call him Dave) is implementing rules to keep other students from socializing with my friend for reasons that are incredibely strange and implausible (she wasnt anywhere near any incidents that he found her 'at fault' for). He is also talking to her mother and telling her lies about things that my friend 'has done'. He's done the same to me before and my mother, so I belive her. What should we do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 594 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:07 pm
@AWorriedFriend119,
I'm no expert, but I'm bumping this up as I'm interested in the responses. Others here will know more than I do on how to deal with this.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 01:47 am
@AWorriedFriend119,
I don't know what the system is where you are, but over here I'd be right on to the school's inspectorate Ofsted.
AWorriedFriend119

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 05:23 pm
@izzythepush,
I live in America, so I had to look up what Ofsted is...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 05:30 pm
@AWorriedFriend119,
Is there an American/state equivalent? If so get in touch.
AWorriedFriend119

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:46 pm
@izzythepush,
I actually have no idea who to contact... it's one of the reasons why I posted this question - to see if anyone had any concrete answers...
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 03:46 am
@AWorriedFriend119,
You googled Ofsted alright, google something like school inspectors and your state, district.

Failing that isn't there some politician you could contact. They are your representatives.
0 Replies