National Do NOT call list for cell phones

Wed 27 Oct, 2004 07:43 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from General to Consumer Electronics.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

very simple and quick to do. just hit register on the left hand side.

hope this helps someone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,318 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

CalamityJane

Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:08 pm
Yes! I'm swamped with soliciting phone calls.
I hope this works.

Have you tried it?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:56 am
Yes!

It's good to get your cell phone number in there b/c AT&T said something about companies making them public very soon and your number may show up on the internet sometime soon .....if someone tries looking you up. For me, that's something I do not want. Smile
0 Replies

phoenixdown

Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:42 am
no sense
This whole phone solicitation thing is just getting out of hand. Calling at home - on a regular phone - shouldn't have any charges (if you are getting charged for that, you're getting screwed over).

Calling someone on their cellphone eat's up their minutes and runs up their bill. That's just plain ignorant. I would call (on nights and weekends, when the calls are free) or e-mail any company that tries to call, or you can find, and tell them exactly what they will be doing. If they get enough complaints, they may just stop.

If anything, you can just check your caller ID and not pick up if they call. If I don't know the number , I generally don't pick up.

But yes, I would sign up for the do-not-call list. Let'em know their not wanted!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:03 am
National Do Not Call registry is a joke. No one, but no one obeys it. I've had my name on it for years and I get about 4 spam calls every day. This is what you get when you put the government in charge of something.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:27 am
I'm on the no call list. But when I call to complain I get a message that some act of mine undoes the no calls for that number. In short they don't really care about protecting us.
0 Replies