Krumple

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:51 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Someone else might have taken his place
Precisely. Or he might even have turned out as a saint

Unless of course you're a determinist; but then there'll still be diffs

My over all point is, there is more to a person than just their own thoughts or beliefs. Their environment plays a role in how they think. If you surround yourself with people who think a certain way it might cause you to adopt those same ways of thinking.

I am a determinist. Which means the problems that develop in society are like waves bent on the idea you can solve a problem without any side effects. Its simply not true. There is a cost in every thing you do.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:13 pm
@dalehileman,
Edgar had the best concept. Id choose meeting up with John Steinbeck and "Doc" Ricketts to sail the Gulf of California(Sea of Cortes)
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:29 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
People love the idea they control but they barely can phantom the consequences of their actions.

With the ghost of a chance of unfathomable depth .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 06:00 am
@ekename,
Ty for that...I couldn't quite recall the spelling of the word till you joke with it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 09:11 am
On second thought, I would just bring some Comprachicos along to disfigure him. Then he could live, just not be a person people would vote for.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 09:48 am
I'd rather visit Ancient Egypt or Sumer.
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:27 am
@izzythepush,
oh, you never wanna visit Egypt in the Sumer. Waaay too hot.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:44 am
@farmerman,
http://i.imgur.com/UBCwMZU.png
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 08:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Ty for that...I couldn't quite recall the spelling of the word till you joke with it.

I'm glad we shared the joke too.

But I'd hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater on this topic.

I'd seek to ensure no harm comes to the baby ( via legislative framework and administrative protocol ) and spend up big on intervention after the fact (when the system fails ).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 01:55 pm
This is just another of the tired and unanswerable temporal paradox question.

Killing a baby is never-ever justified. Not ever.

centrox
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 02:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Killing a baby is never-ever justified. Not ever.

Just when I was thinking it could be kinda fun. Thanks for putting us straight on that.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:16 pm
@centrox,
Well don't let me stop you from having fun considering killing a baby.

Carry on Ironic Ghoul.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 01:50 am
Better an ironic ghoul than a pompous prick.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:13 am
@centrox,
Or a hypocritical coward. He may not want to kill baby Hitler, but when my son was very ill he was quite happy to joke about denying him medical treatment.

And he's quite happy for the children of poor people in America to be denied life saving treatment so he can get his snout in the trough.

Oh and did I tell you about the time he challenged me to a fight then ran a mile when I took him up on the offer?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:18 pm
@centrox,
Really?

Strange priorities.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Sometime I just can't resist.

I know I should but...

You never challenged me to a fight and I never joked about denying your son medical attention, but still you persist.

I will be in London the week of May 22

Let's arrange to come together.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 01:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I told you I don't back down from fights, and I'm well up for it.

Since our exchange of pms I've had you on ignore, and I've not mentioned you. I stuck to my side of the bargain, but I'm not surprised that you lack the character to stick to yours. I only knew you'd starting spreading crap because Glitterbag pointed it out.

Let's get things clear I'm not anti American, I'm anti ugly American. And you are the ugliest of ugly American, a selfish narcissist who has no regard for human dignity and only cares about one thing money. You're not exactly the brightest of sparks either, you didn't twig Camlok was JTT and Baldimo, (yes Baldimo!) had to tell you.

The week commencing May 22nd suits me fine.

You're right about one thing, I never did challenge you to a fight. It was you who challenged me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:57 am
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 05:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Says it all...

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:33 am
Lest we forget Jeb Bush's notable contribution to this stimulating discussion . . . Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:38:23