I take it a2k needs volunteers to mod

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:50 am
I almost want to, but I am not trust worthy
Also not dependable.

centrox

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:59 am
They wouldn't want me, I'd be too ruthless.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 03:15 am
At the moment I would throw out a few.
But in a democracy eveybody is allowed to say what they want.
It is sad that some people gets "a week off" for the wrong word and others seem
to be able to stay no matter what they say or how they behave.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 03:59 am
I happen to think moderation should be used as a last resort as mostly it destroys the diversity and richness of human behavior...People often confuse some healthy natural back n forth punching criticism with inappropriate conduct.It is a gross mistake and a quick step from going from justified moderation to direct censorship. First and foremost its not natural. Second, "civilizing" the forums pushes interesting talks to format people discourse into shallow correctness.
About education, I always defended some degree of fighting is fine.

Situations I agree need moderation:

- Spamming publicity.
- Resorting to racist xenophobic, comments.
- Attaching fundamental freedoms n rights like Religious beliefs or Political orientation.
- Allusion to sexual explicit content.

By the way if these sparse cases were to be applied half the forum would be on vacation maybe more then half.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 04:10 am
The castrati have arrived already...Gut gut!... Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 12:03 pm
Moderation is often helpful, especially when things get heated and devolve into back and forth attacks between 2 individuals or a gang of snots all attacking their chosen victim. Those threads end up being just short of useless. Having moderators is also useful for ridding the place of SPAM clutter.

My understanding of it all, is, it's a somewhat thankless task and requires an ability to remain calm and fair. I'm grateful some folks are willing to give their time and energies to this much needed service.
saab

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 12:08 pm
@Sturgis,
Well said.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I'm misleading and undependable
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 03:36 pm
I think it's almost impossible for moderators not to fall prey to their personal bias when on duty.
Krumple

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:14 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think it's almost impossible for moderators not to fall prey to their personal bias when on duty.

I find it humorous that lash got down voted for this truth. It only supports her statement being true.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:56 am
Welcome to boot camp.

First things foist.

Anyone who volunteers to be a mod, or posts on a thread about the topic, is inherently unsuited to the tusk.

Dismissed.

roger

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 12:53 pm
@ekename,
You could be right.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I take it a2k needs volunteers to mod
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:18:39