Hijack this!

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
I have decided that I like to hijack my own threads.

When things get off topic it feels more like conversation and gets a little more interesting.

So how about if we play a little game called: Hijack this!

The goal is to try to keep the thread talking about your topic.

Lets say I want to talk about baseball. I start talking about baseball and get as many people as I can talking about the same topic. Your goal is to try to steer the topic in another direction, but you have to mention the topic that is currently being discussed. For example, if I were talking about baseball you could say something like: "Remember Bo Jackson? He was a great baseball player, but I think he was an even better football player." Then you try to get as many people as you can to stop talking about baseball and start talking about football or Bo Jackson.

Of course some else might come along and say: "I saw Bo Jackson at a Raiders game once. I got so trashed before the game that halfway through I ran onto the field naked, got tackled by a security guard and hauled off to jail." This would effectively get the topic off of sports and onto stories of drunken stupidness.

Lying and story telling is encouraged.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,239 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
Do you really think this is going to work Jp? I mean come on... quit living in the clouds
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
I don't know seed... the only way for me to find out is to keep talking. What does anybody else think about Hijack This!?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
I dont think anyone is going to answer... you have you head in the clouds im telling ya Jp
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
I really think a game like Hijack This! could really take off... people will be up late at night trying to think of ways to hijack threads... it could be all the rage.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:21 pm
you mean like hilter was all the rage in germany? dont think so Jp
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
A colleague I work with was almost carjacked outside the building a few months ago. Not sure that's relevant to the topic, but I know she was pretty shaken up about it...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:26 pm
It's close D'artagnan... if only you used the word Hijack, as in Hijack This!) instead of carjacked.

Oh and that was a nice try seed... but there is no way you are going to Hijack This! thread away from me.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:26 pm
i've never been carjacked or hijacked... but i hope shes ok
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
Thanks for asking, Seed. She seems to be doing well. But she hopes to avoid any further carjacking or hijacking, so she only hitchhikes now.

I used to hitch when I was in college and a few years later. Once hitched from Oregon down to Northern California in mid-winter. Got stranded along the highway just south of the state border on the way back. Luckily I had my sleeping bag with me; got up early the next morning and got a ride home.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:46 pm
Oh.. that'a a good one D.

My uncle used to hitchhike every where. Once he decided to go to California with his friend, made it to Oregon and decided to go back home.

See.. now we are playing Hijack THis!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:48 pm
why would anyone want to go to oregon?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:49 pm
I liked Oregon well enough, but got a little tired of the self-conscious hipness to too many people in the town I lived in. I was ready to move on. Plus there weren't many jobs.

But sometimes I miss the place. I guess it's human nature to miss what we no longer have...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
Oregon? Why to get to California of course. Have you ever been to the west coast, seed? Sunshine, palm trees and bikini's... god bless CA.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:51 pm
this is true you speak wise talk musketeer
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:53 pm
i have been there once jp... palm trees? i'd rather go to hawaii to see those
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:18 pm
you'd go all that way to see palm trees. We have those in the riverland
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:19 pm
we also have a poisonous snakes and spiders. YOu try beating that with your wussy pristine beaches and hula people and ugly t shirts. The riverland is better
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:21 pm
we also have water snakes. lame ass americanos Hhaahaha
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
Lame ass? You want water snakes? Try Oklahoma or Texas, Odd Socks. We've got poisonous water moccasins and plenty of poisonous land snakes, too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hijack this!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 10:20:21