What is your alignment?

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:19 pm
Online Alignment Test

Quote:
your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
I got Neutral for the main character in last year's novel.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
I too was told I'm neutral.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:35 pm
Well, I got Lawful Neutral, but some of the questions SUCK big time. There's something about the phrasing, stupidly limited choices, the implicit assumptions, etc.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:28 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I got Neutral for the main character in last year's novel.

I did the same and got Chaotic Evil.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:35 pm
@centrox,
It would help if they were aimed at someone who lives in a post industrial society, not a medieval mythical one.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It would help if they were aimed at someone who lives in a post industrial society, not a medieval mythical one.

The creator is the active publisher of Dungeons and Dragons. So, that?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
I get that, but it's aimed at people in the modern world. Attitudes to Royalty for example were/are quite different than today. Then there's plague and that, the best we can do is imagine how a medieval version of ourselves would behave.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 03:12 pm
What is your alignment?

West by North South East
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:16 pm
@izzythepush,
I think I may have to keep my character away from yours then. Nice nineteenth century Irish girls need to protect themselves.
centrox

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:40 pm
So it's not 'me' that I should be answering the questions for, but rather (supposing I had one) my Dungeons and Dragons "character"? (Is that right?) A peep, then into the world of gamers. I have seldom seen a better example of the wisdom of the exhortation you still hear now and then, namely, "Get a life!".

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:45 pm
@jespah,
He's trying to be better as well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:46 pm
@centrox,
I loved playing D & D at college. There was a group of us did it, it was a lot of fun, but that was then.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
I never played dungeons and dragons. I answered the questions for me. I'm neutral.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 05:48 pm
@centrox,
I had to bow out for the same reason.
Apparently gamers, most of whom on a2k I am all for, like a lot, and me, are different.
I remember my thumbs down when I said I wasn't interested in reading sci fi, and, besides that, for calling it sci fi - double bubble.

So, what, are we two different species? worm eaters and eels? Not that I know about either, much.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@Roberta,
I played D&D only a few times, and a game called Runequest regularly for about a year. It was very enjoyable but only with the right group of people. I remember some guys took it way too seriously and that made it definitely NOT fun. My alignment is chaotic neutral.
Some questions were limited in their choices and might not accurately reflect my personality.
Krumple

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:09 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I played D&D only a few times, and a game called Runequest regularly for about a year. It was very enjoyable but only with the right group of people. I remember some guys took it way too seriously and that made it definitely NOT fun. My alignment is chaotic neutral.
Some questions were limited in their choices and might not accurately reflect my personality.

Aren't vampires chaotic neutral?
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:15 pm
@Krumple,
I don't know any vampires. No vampires live anywhere around here. Vampires aren't real.
Krumple

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:18 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I don't know any vampires. No vampires live anywhere around here. Vampires aren't real.

Typical aversion tactic..
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 12:14 am

Neutral good here.

"A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is 'true good.' Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order."

I have some liberal '60s hippie friends who got chaotic good when we all took this test some years ago. They had expected lawful good before the test because of a vague (and mistaken) impression that lawful good were the best of the good, but they were happy with the way chaotic good was presented to them on the answer page. Lots of freedom and individuality as I recall.

I got neutral good back then too.