What is your alignment?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 04:27 am
@oralloy,
You do know you're supposed to be honest. Good people don't call a whole group of people, (Palestinians,) vermin, they don't fantasise about nuking a friendly nation, (Italy,) they don't insult and denigrate the victim of a horrific murder, (Meredith Kercher,) and they don't support insane laws that lead to the increased killing of innocents just so they can strut about with a gun and feel important.
oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 05:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You do know you're supposed to be honest.

Yes. It is no coincidence that I have always told the truth in every one of my posts.

izzythepush wrote:
Good people don't call a whole group of people, (Palestinians,) vermin,

They do when that group of people are all monstrous thugs.

izzythepush wrote:
they don't fantasise about nuking a friendly nation, (Italy,)

I've never done that.

izzythepush wrote:
they don't insult and denigrate the victim of a horrific murder, (Meredith Kercher,)

You count legitimate criticism of the Kerchers for evil acts that they've actually done as somehow being insults and denigration.

But let's face it. The Kerchers are evil incarnate, and anything that causes them immense pain can only be good for this world. If I were to actually be mean to them (as opposed to merely offering legitimate criticism), that would still be the act of a good person.

And the forces of Karma agree with me. The Kerchers are directly responsible for Rudy Guede's sentence being reduced to a quarter of what he would have otherwise served. That's poetic justice at its very finest. And the Kerchers deserve every bit of it.

It is going to be SO cool when Guede walks free now in a few years.

izzythepush wrote:
and they don't support insane laws that lead to the increased killing of innocents just so they can strut about with a gun and feel important.

Freedom is not insane, does not cause innocents to die, has nothing to do with feeling important, and is very much a good thing.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 05:55 am
@tsarstepan,
...oooh what a wonderful surprise I love this topic.
When I D&D I've always tried to play neutral-neutral in the lines of a Druid.
...exceptionally challenging but ultimately very satisfying.
I have the same guidance in my pseudo-philosophical rants.
The result is that often I end up annoying both polarized sides in a debate.
0 Replies

wellliving

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 12:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Classical Alignment Test. Many of the quizzes made for alignments are based on a feudal, classic Dungeons and Dragons setting. Most of them are based on Good vs Evil or Chaos vs Law. The best combine the two, but are almost never modern.
Krumple

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:19 am
@wellliving,
I took it finally.

Neutral Evil.

But I was guessing on Neutral Good.

Some answers were difficult for me and a few others had no options or I could come up with a better solution more suiting to the problem so I was stuck trying to find the closest fit.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 01:18 pm
Going to drop these here for references later on:
Alignment (Explained)

Samples on alignment:
AD&D Deities: Greek
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 06:15 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
some of the questions SUCK big time. There's something about the phrasing, stupidly limited choices, the implicit assumptions, etc.

Often the differences between a good person and an evil person are in how someone would react in a situation where there are limited choices and no good options.

You see the true nature of someone when they have to choose between "doing the right thing" and "taking the easy route".

Therefore the test is designed around giving people those sorts of choices and seeing how they would react.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 01:25 pm
@oralloy,
Here, I am Neutral Good.
Buy Some Random **** From Etsy And We'll Tell You Your Moral Alignment
Sturgis

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 01:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm shown as Lawful Good.

...must have been my footwear and pin choices...

...or was it the sweatshirt?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 04:04 pm
According to this particular Buzzfeed quiz?
Quote:
Chaotic Good
You care about people and you are incredibly strong-willed, which means you're willing to try to make the world better by any means necessary. You know deep inside what you feel is wrong or right, but sometimes you're so hell-bent on fixing things your way that you forget how it will affect others. You're often misunderstood, because no matter how good your intentions, sometimes your execution is a little disordered.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2024 11:00 am
https://imgur.com/1JIcW6e.jpg
Source
0 Replies