Anosmia: that's me; not completely but mostly. My father had it too.

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:49 pm
We never got to talk about it. He died when I was 26, long story.
As a kid, I'd no idea other people were different than me. I turned out to be nightblind too, but took myself as clumsy. I was both clumsy, and not clumsy, in that in grammar school I once in a while batted very well. Decades later I learned that I've very poor peripheral vision.

My husband picked it up in one of the many times I was driving, that I didn't see a car, and I then got myself tested..
That place noted the peripheral thing.

Knowing UCLA, I went there, and yes, after the first guy dismissed me and I yammered, then I had suddenly a lot of people looking at my eyes.

There is some situation (Utter's? I don't remember the name, but not a connect). I am still pro people going to a university hospital.

Yammering can be worthwhile.

I am still interested in anosmia.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,227 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:39 pm
I never heard of that condition. I have good peripheral vision, except there is a hole in it somewhere. I have to be very careful pulling away from two way stops. About three times, I almost pulled in front of cars moving fast enough to cream me. I did pull in front of one car that smashed up both cars. But that's all years ago. I am extremely cautious these days.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=anosmia
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:11 pm
@dalehileman,
Thank you a lot, that may help me.

I was tested by an expert, very odd. There was no place on the test to check I don't know.
I tried to sniff a lot of small bottles. Once in a while I got a whiff I couldn't name, mostly not.

I fucked up the test by claiming the first possible choice, since there was no room for no, and announced that I did that. I assumed it was trashed,

This was a guy with an LA Times article.

dalehileman

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:23 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
may help me
So glad to be of some value after all

Quote:
I fucked up the test by claiming the first possible choice, ... guy with an LA Times article
That's the trouble with the Journ bunch, doesn't recognize inbetweens or off-the-mat
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
In this case it was the set up for the inquiry re me, the patient, not at all re media. I'm not unsympathetic, but that was a waste of time.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
not unsympathetic
Oh but Osso I am
0 Replies