Feel Good Stories that Restore Confidence in Humanity

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 05:51 am
Yesterday, I got a call from my son, who was extremely upset. He lost his cellular phone. Since he gave up his landline. there was no way to get in contact with him.

He went to Verizon, disabled the lost phone, and got himself a new one. A little while later, he got a call from his daughter, my granddaughter. She had gotten a call from someone who had found the phone in a nearby store.

The man called Verizon. Since my granddaughter was on my son's "family plan", Verizon had her number, and gave it to the man. He called her, and she told him where my son lived.

When my son came home, there was the phone, sitting in his mailbox.

Stories like these warm my heart, and give me renewed confidence in the basic goodness of humanity.

Anyone else have any "feelgood" stories that they would like to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,685 • Replies: 8
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:09 am
I have one. Yesterday I found a cell phone in a grocery store. Seeking to take advantage of the situation, I was able to track the owner of the phone and trick him into disclosing his address. I was able to get some key information from his phone, and have cased his house throroughly. Tonight I plan to burglarize the house.

I feel good about that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:26 am
While you are there, if you would please straighten up the place a bit, you have my blessings! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:43 am
Phoenix--

Your story gave my day a pleasant start. Thank you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:23 am
Lol - I lost my wallet twice within a couple of weeks - returned by finders both times intact.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:06 pm
what about that story that was here on A2K where some person in Australia had there car stolen with their kids presents in the back and they texted the thief on the mobile phone that was in the car and the thief returned the car...

ah ha found it Smile
was here in H.I.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=641210#641210
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:43 pm
also this story proves there are still some good people left in the world

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36668
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:24 pm
An article in the Orlando Sentinel today profiled Robert Scambia, a chef at the Swan and Dolphin Resort at Disneyworld. Scambia has been cooking meals at Lake County firehouses ever since shortly after Sept. 11, 2001.
The firefighters chip in cash for supplies and Scambia prepares gourment meals, sacrificing family time with his wife and 5 month old daughter. He did this even when he was unemployed.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:02 am
Greyfan- That is so nice. It is great to hear stories about people who really CARE! Very Happy
0 Replies