Function works in 2 of my functions but not the 3rd

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 11:06 am
I have a function called rebound. It works when I call it in the Start Function. When I copy and paste it into the shootPercentage function it works. When I paste it into the missedShotRebound function and call it I get a Uncaught TypeError: rebound is not a function.Why would the call to rebound work in some functions but not others?
Thanks!
EF
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 947 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 11:50 am
@njlakerfan,
Nj a few of the curious might inquire what software

Incidentally if you're a newcomer, why welcome

...while some of us (very few) encourage profiling
njlakerfan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 12:01 pm
@dalehileman,
I appreciate the reply. I tried to delete this post but I got an error and it wouldn't delete. I found the culprit line:
var rebound = rebound(playersHeight, computersHeight, playersWeight, computersWeight);
This was in 2 spots of my function missedShotRebound. I thought that the rebound = might be the issue so I changed it to tip at the top of the function but was still getting the error. It ended up being the second rebound still giving me issues although I was trying to debug the var tip = rebound(playersHeight, computersHeight, playersWeight, computersWeight); at the top of the function. Once I changed the rebound at the bottom everything worked. It was painstaking but I found it. Again... thanks for the reply!
dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 12:10 pm
@njlakerfan,
Nj I also appreciate--the reply to the reply--as many ignore me, for good reason I'm sure

Quote:
...but I got an error and it wouldn't delete.
Happens to the rest of us thousands or maybe millions of times a day in spite of repeated complaints to 'Contact Us'

Thanks for the expl

Quote:
... thanks for the reply!
I'v e added you to my Good Goys list
0 Replies