medicine vs medication

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 08:42 am

He took his medicine regularly.
He took his medication regularly.

Are both sentences correct and have the same meaning?

Thanks

centrox

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 09:27 am
Both are OK, 'medicine' is more common in British usage, and 'medication' in American usage.
tanguatlay

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 10:24 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Both are OK, 'medicine' is more common in British usage, and 'medication' in American usage.
Thank you.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 12:05 pm
@centrox,
Cen again my sincerest; however I've ben wondering--and Tang, if you're real, my apologies with the utmost heartfulness--whether he's making fun of us

Incidentally in this very regard Cen please don't check it's spelling as your pc might not recognize it either, in whch case you might interpret it as a subtle insult
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 01:33 pm
Dale, I have no idea what you are talking about there. How is it relevant, anyhow?

dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 01:50 pm
@centrox,
My apologies Trox, I tend excessively flippant. I'd be glad however to elaborate if you wish

Quote:
...is it relevant...
Happy to elaborate here too if I were entirely sure what you mean by 'it'

Cen don't take it all--at least mine--so seriously else you'll wind up like me and Tang

Tang--just kiddin'
centrox

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 03:00 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Quote:
...is it relevant...
Happy to elaborate here too if I were entirely sure what you mean by 'it'

By 'it' I mean "what you are talking about there (in your post # 6,359,312)". You seem to be appending posts consisting of incoherent whimsical guff to threads about English grammar or usage. These posts contain nothing but silly remarks usually amounting to nothing, and are very seldom anything to do either with the original question or the subsequent answers.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:00 pm
@centrox,
Cen here I am again greeting my sincerest correspondent; however I've been wondering whether Tang is making fun of us by so many trivial questions

...and Tang, if you're real (that is, if you're not a digital manifestation of some sort), my apologies with the utmost heartfulness for suggesting you're anything but a humanoid--

Incidentally in this very regard, the chance of being offended accidentally, Cen, please don't check the spelling of 'heartfulness' as your computer might not recognize it as an English word either, in which case you might interpret it as 'hurtfulness,' or 'artfulness,' a subtle insult

Quote:
These posts contain nothing but silly remarks...amounting to nothing
Alas my most abject concession, amends, redress
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » medicine vs medication
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:32:47