The best toilet-I need your advice

Hugo Lam

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 04:57 am
@ossobucotemp,
uhhh, what?
Hugo Lam

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 04:58 am
@oralloy,
WOW, thank you for these amazing information.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 07:00 am
@Hugo Lam,
I bought American Standard. It seems like a good quality toilet (besides the low flow thing).
McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 07:31 am
the "flush a bucket of golf balls" demonstration sold me. I have never have a clog in my American Standard toilet.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 09:19 am
@Hugo Lam,
During the Super Bowl football game, yesterday,I remembered recent TV show with football players, when they were asked a somewhate 'delicate' question...

"What do you do out on the football field in front of a large audience, when you have to urinate and there'sno place to go"?

Can you guess the answer?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 09:27 am
@TomTomBinks,
American Standard is good and it's cheap. You can buy the small flush or the big flush type.

Problem today: A quality toliet seat ( one that you buy at a hardware store and lock into place yourself can be expensive. The old wooden seats, lasted a long time but were somewhat uncomfortable.

When i was a college student. I went to a junk yard and bought a used ,red , wooden toilet seat that had been discarded by a Chicago nightcub...I had a green bathroom, so any time I went into the bathroom, I thought it was a merry old place to be in..Green walls + red toilet seat.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:03 pm
@Hugo Lam,
Hugo Lam wrote:
Agree. How about your own opinion on the best toilet.

Sorry I don't know enough about toilets to justify forming my own opinion. The best I can do for you is give you those links that I already gave you.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:19 pm
@oralloy,
Of course. No individual is going to have personal experience with the variety of toilets available. That's why we have Consumer Reports and other rating services.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:22 pm
@Hugo Lam,
Sure you can. I didn't know I would eventually need a higher one at the time I bought mine.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:26 pm
@Hugo Lam,
One of the toilets in the Vatican complex was just a hole in the concrete floor.

By now they probably have installed ordinary toilets in the whole complex.
0 Replies

visceral

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 05:30 pm
@Hugo Lam,
I have 2 Totos.... love them! Be sure and get the one w/ self clean and dryer Smile
0 Replies

Hugo Lam

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:09 am
I've read somewhere that American Standard has an issue of leaking tank. Still not sold on going for AS.

And yes, so far TOTO probably is the best choice. I'm on the fence of Drake(http://amzn.to/2j9rRvl) or Ultramax(http://amzn.to/2j9seWR)...

Besides some amazing forums, I've been reading. I also discover this website. Look interesting. What're your thoughts?
0 Replies