Milo Yiannopoulous and Burning Berkeley

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 04:19 am
The Breitbart writer is purposefully controversial, and confidently articulates righty views that by current society are considered politically incorrect to the point Berkeley is on fire tonight.

I don't support a lot of what Milo says, but I defend his right to say it. I deplore people who can't even tolerate someone's right to have an opposing opinion, and I think Milo won this round against Berkeley.

Here is his statement:

Of his opponents, Milo said, "They never want to debate because they’re scared of losing. They don’t have the facts on their side and for 30 years the left has been able to bully people into silence by name-calling and they’ve forgotten how to argue."

Why does the establishment liberal group think only they have a right to speak?

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 04:28 am
Several 'personalities' on Twitter will probably face charges for suggesting lefties at the colleges Milo visits 'burn it down' and attack 'Nazis.'

Looting and violence against Milo fans and Trump supporters.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/01/protesters-gather-uc-berkeley-milo-show-police-helicopters-appear/amp/?client=safari
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 05:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Why does the establishment liberal group think only they have a right to speak?

Because we let them get away with it. If we start giving violent liberals long prison sentences they'll start behaving.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 06:04 am
I never have and never will support violence in protests. On the other hand, I no longer want to listen to right wing apologists/strategists/supporters in general. They all push an agenda that is eroding our society with accelerating destructive results. Not to be confused with mainstream Democrats who push an agenda that is eroding our society with accelerating results. Eff 'em all. Get on with creating a new party to build up Americans, not corporations and military excursions at the drop of a hat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 12:31 pm
Black-clad protesters wearing masks threw commercial-grade fireworks and rocks at police. Some even hurled Molotov cocktails that ignited fires. They also smashed windows of the student union center on the Berkeley campus where the Yiannopoulos event was to be held.
At least six people were injured. Some were attacked by the agitators -- who are a part of an anarchist group known as the "Black Bloc" that has been causing problems in Oakland for years, said Dan Mogulof, UC Berkeley spokesman.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 12:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Black-clad protesters wearing masks threw commercial-grade fireworks and rocks at police. Some even hurled Molotov cocktails that ignited fires. They also smashed windows of the student union center on the Berkeley campus where the Yiannopoulos event was to be held.
At least six people were injured. Some were attacked by the agitators -- who are a part of an anarchist group known as the "Black Bloc" that has been causing problems in Oakland for years, said Dan Mogulof, UC Berkeley spokesman.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/

The rest of the demonstrators were peaceable.
Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 12:47 pm
The ironic thing about this is the Free Speech movement started at Berkeley.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 12:49 pm
This is complete idiocy no the part of liberals. It is hypocritical and it is politically stupid. There is no other way to spin this.

Free Speech is Free Speech. This guy has the right to speak and people have a right to hear him.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 12:53 pm
@Lash,

Do tolerant liberals really exist?

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:37 pm
@Lash,
This isn't the first time this has happened, although this is the worst it has been. This is the results of how our country has been run for the last few years. The left has been becoming increasingly violent in shutting down people they disagree with.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Obama's weakness emboldened bullies near & far.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:50 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

It is okay in my book to protest right wing public speakers, in light of the turn of events in our political situation. That is all the body of protesters was doing. The violence was visited by a professional group of destructive anarchists.
Krumple

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:52 pm
@Lash,
Its amazing how the left preaches tolerance but is incredibly intolerant toward anyone who doesn't agree with them.

The left are becoming fanatical. Since the can't argue anything their frustration comes out in childish tantrums and violence. Their behavior pushes me right because I see how silly they have become.

Milo is the proverbial monkey wrench in their only argument. They can't demonize him with the silly sis male label. Many on the left are racist towards whites but they attempt to justify their hate using a silly definition of power. But they contradict this term still siting violence towards white males who have no power over them.

Marxism is the road to disaster and they are so blind they can't see it. I'm glad we have Trump in power, it might slow down the silly left.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I support everyone's right to protest without violence, but the left has completely run off the rails once again.

Quote:
The violence was visited by a professional group of destructive anarchists.

Financed by George Soros.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Linkat wrote:

It is okay in my book to protest right wing public speakers, in light of the turn of events in our political situation. That is all the body of protesters was doing. The violence was visited by a professional group of destructive anarchists.

Is it ok to protest left wing public speakers? Is it ok to protest mom against drunk drivers? Is it ok to protest people against cruelty to puppy dogs?

If so then yes - it is all about Free Speech - the fact that someone could spew nonsense and you have the right to protest against that - and the fact that someone could be speaking about saving puppies and you have the right to protest against that. That is the Free Speech movement.

What is going here is a group trying to stop free speech by stopping someone from speaking they disagree with - that is not supporting the Free Speech movement which is what makes where this is occurring so ironic. Protesting what the speaker is standing for is quite a different thing than causing such violence and doing whatever is necessary to cause the individual from speaking.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 03:17 pm
@Linkat,
This country has reached a critical point where right wing is subverting the foundations of society. I would be protesting too, if I were in the vicinity. Right wing has the right to speak. I have the right to not want to listen.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 03:21 pm
@Linkat,
The left is unhinged.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 03:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I would be protesting too, if I were in the vicinity. Right wing has the right to speak. I have the right to not want to listen.

According to these left wing fascists, they are the only ones allowed to talk. So they are using violence to silence those they disagree with. It was funny how when Trump was elected, the media and left wing, same thing... were up in arms because of the violence they said was going to come from the right wing, funny how all of the violence is coming from the left wing.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 04:33 pm
@Baldimo,
In regard to political extremism, fascism and authoritarianism is right wing. Its counterpart on the left is universalist totalitarianism.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 04:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
What has that to do with not allowing someone their right to free speech? Whatever he is spewing he has the right to speak. Right wing as well. If it was an extreme right wing would you be ok then if others were preventing that person from speaking?

This is coming from some one who really doesn't even know who this Milo character is - I simply believe that everyone has this freedom and he can spew his crap whatever it may be. I also have the right not to listen to it.

Funny is all this hatred and violence towards this individual is actually doing the opposite - it is making the ordinary person hear this person's opinion whereas if it was just a "normal" protest --- one that did not get out of hand, we probably wouldn't even know about it.

Basically he is getting free publicity to those t hat would not normally hear his stuff.

1. Forums
  2. » Milo Yiannopoulous and Burning Berkeley
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 07:35:20