Should CNN not give any air time to the US administration, or the right-wing in general?

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:25 pm
What would happen if CNN tried to do this - never reference or cover any stories related to the current US administration, or Republican Party?

Brand X

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:34 pm
Lose ratings which equal $$. Duh
Thomas33

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:37 pm
@Brand X,
Why would they lose ratings? The last I checked, lots of people oppose the Republican Party and the administration.
maporsche

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:42 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

Why would they lose ratings? The last I checked, lots of people oppose the Republican Party and the administration.

True, but they love watching them explode.

What would CNN broadcast instead?
Thomas33

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:44 pm
@maporsche,
I see. If that's true, is there some element of hypocrisy? I mean if people on one hand oppose right-wing policies, but need them to find entertainment, does that kind of behaviour deserve condemnation?
McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:48 pm
@maporsche,
more footage about the missing Malaysian airline.
maporsche

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:51 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

I see. If that's true, is there some element of hypocrisy? I mean if people on one hand oppose right-wing policies, but need them to find entertainment, does that kind of behaviour deserve condemnation?

Hypocrisy? I don't think so.

If I oppose right wing policies why would I want to be ignorant of them?
Thomas33

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@maporsche,
You said that people want to watch right-wingers explode (at least that's how I interpreted), but wanting to watch the right-wing requires that the right-wing exists.
Can news media exist without right-wing politics?
maporsche

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:17 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

You said that people want to watch right-wingers explode (at least that's how I interpreted), but wanting to watch the right-wing requires that the right-wing exists.

I tried Thomas33 but you're losing me with the meta conversation stuff.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:41 pm
@maporsche,
Do you mean the thread about Scream 2 being referenced in Star Wars?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 11:29 pm
@Thomas33,
Quote:

I for one would like to hear more about left wing policies than the constant tRump, tRump said bs. I looked at most of the news sites and all you see just as it was during the election is tRump said. What they fail to report is that he lies with every breath he takes.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 11:10 pm
You almost have it right. The administration should never acknowledge the existence of CNN.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 06:45 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
What would CNN broadcast instead?

There's a ton of global news that never gets broadcast. Watch Al Jazeera and find out what's going on in Africa, South America, South East Asia etc. All sorts of stuff that never gets shown on the BBC, and I suspect CNN is probably similar.

Content is not a problem.

Btw, I'm not saying CNN shouldn't broadcast Republican stuff. Someone needs to point out the Trump administration's outrageous and obvious lies.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:05 am
@Brandon9000,
No, I had it right the first time. Trump is corrupt for attacking CNN because of his own affiliation with Fox News - if he wants to be consistent, he should either leave CNN alone or renounce his history of affiliation with Fox News.

Fox News is the most corrupt, biased and fake news network in the history of news networks.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 06:21 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

No, I had it right the first time. Trump is corrupt for attacking CNN because of his own affiliation with Fox News - if he wants to be consistent, he should either leave CNN alone or renounce his history of affiliation with Fox News.

Fox News is the most corrupt, biased and fake news network in the history of news networks.

So telling that you make a serious accusation without giving a smidgen of supporting evidence.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 10:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
So telling that you make a serious accusation without giving a smidgen of supporting evidence.

So youve never watched Fox news before. Who wodda thought it?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 12:53 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:

So youve never watched Fox news before. Who wodda thought it?

When accusing a person or an institution of serious wrongdoing, responsible people provide supporting evidence.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 04:40 am
@Brandon9000,
That's your president out of the picture then. Hilary Clinton did not found IS or give 20% of America's uranium to Russia.

You know what uranium is, right? A thing called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of things that are done with uranium including some bad things.

That's what he said after he'd been briefed. **** knows what he thought uranium was before then.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 09:15 am
@McGentrix,
Consider how much that would be front and center news if it had been an American [the nation not the company] airliner
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 09:20 am
@Brandon9000,
When accusing a person or an institution of serious wrongdoing, responsible people provide supporting evidence.
==========

NIST lied, about many things. Here's the proof of a doozy. And you don't even have to watch the entire six minutes and one second.

9/11: NIST Engineer John Gross Denies WTC Molten Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZbUe_tQ0to