Sick of pointless questions just designed to waste your time? There's a word for it, sealioning.

Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 02:20 pm
Could you ask one of your university friends, that took some psychology, if this sealioning doesn't fall under the main heading of, "passive aggressive behavior"? I just love when colloquial terms take the place of academic terms.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
I think I asked you this before - is panto short for pantomime? I remember liking some pantomime.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:02 pm
@Foofie,
There is nothing passive about this behaviour, It's aggressive and challenging and it tends to ping pong between real and imagined mistakes. There probably is a perfectly good academic term, but seal lion does conjour up a vivid picture.
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:15 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

There is nothing passive about this behaviour, It's aggressive and challenging and it tends to ping pong between real and imagined mistakes. There probably is a perfectly good academic term, but seal lion does conjour up a vivid picture.

How adorable. You want me to accept the dumbing down of what I learned as a student on the GI bill. Sorry, I took too many psych courses to enjoy cutsie (in my opinion) colloquial terminology for psychological behavior.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior
glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:22 pm
@Foofie,
Perhaps you should have worked more diligently on reading comprehension. I said I couldn't recall the appropriate term (or at least something you wouldn't flame out over) and the comment that it's descriptive is not the same as agreeing with the dumbing down of you. Oh, in case you missed it, your response to me was passive-aggressive, or snide, or bitchy, take your pick.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:36 pm
@glitterbag,
I see he's lost none of his charm. I put him on ignore years ago, and the air smells sweeter for it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Yes it is. Something like this.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/79912000/jpg/_79912662_-untitled001.jpg
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 04:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I probably take this as me interested and was married to a theater person.

That is complicated.
However, selfinoids do disturb real conversation.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 03:00 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Perhaps you should have worked more diligently on reading comprehension. I said I couldn't recall the appropriate term (or at least something you wouldn't flame out over) and the comment that it's descriptive is not the same as agreeing with the dumbing down of you. Oh, in case you missed it, your response to me was passive-aggressive, or snide, or bitchy, take your pick.

Why was I responding to you? How could I have been so intrusive? I will try harder not to respond to you.

Wait. I was responding to Izzy, asking him to ask someone that took psych at university if sealioning was just a colloquial word for "passive aggressive behavior." Then I think you interjected your opinion. I was responding to your opinion. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, without the need to make pejorative comments about an opinion. Or, so I thought.

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 09:54 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
Could you ask one of your university friends, that took some psychology, if this sealioning doesn't fall under the main heading of, "passive aggressive behavior"? I just love when colloquial terms take the place of academic terms.

Do you know for a fact that Izzy has any friends presently teaching at a university in psychology?

Do you think sealioning is a colloquial word for passive-aggressive behavior, and are you opposed to the use of a colloquial word if it is? If so, why?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 03:04 am
@Blickers,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
Foofie

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 03:19 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Foofie:
Quote:

Do you know for a fact that Izzy has any friends presently teaching at a university in psychology?

Do you think sealioning is a colloquial word for passive-aggressive behavior, and are you opposed to the use of a colloquial word if it is? If so, why?

You are presupposing that your question have validity for me, in context of who I am, and who I am not.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 10:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Had to bump to avoid a member I have put back on ignore.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 12:16 am
@Foofie,
All I know is you are a poster named Foofie. You asked the OP to ask his university friends in the psychology department, (presumably you meant professors or researchers, since he has described himself as middle-aged), if this sealioning is just a colloquial expression for passive aggressive behavior.

I think if you have an opinion about sealioning being a colloquial equivalent of passive aggressive, you should just state it instead of making oblique suggestions. Do you have such an opinion?
Foofie

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 03:16 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

All I know is you are a poster named Foofie. You asked the OP to ask his university friends in the psychology department, (presumably you meant professors or researchers, since he has described himself as middle-aged), if this sealioning is just a colloquial expression for passive aggressive behavior.

I think if you have an opinion about sealioning being a colloquial equivalent of passive aggressive, you should just state it instead of making oblique suggestions. Do you have such an opinion?

Ah, yes (mimicking the accent of W.C. Fields) know him well; Mr. Oblique. Never could understand him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 03:39 pm
@Blickers,
Many still believe Obama is not American.
roger

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 04:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It would be darn hard to deport a former president, though. Wherever we send him, he would still be entitled to Secret Service protection. Think of the cost.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 05:46 pm
@roger,
The fact that he was our president proves his place of birth.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 05:55 pm
@roger,
Quote roger:
Quote:
It would be darn hard to deport a former president, though. Wherever we send him, he would still be entitled to Secret Service protection. Think of the cost.

That's so true. And apartments in Hawaii are so expensive!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 05:58 pm
@Blickers,
We are going to Hawaii next month, and staying at my nephew's condo in Waikiki for 10 days. No rent.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:33:49