100 Poets eBook Spreading Fast Globally

cobalt

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 03:08 pm
Here is a link from the nth position online magazine, first alerted to me by a librarians blog I link to: bibcognito. Fascinating!
<blockquote>

Free e-book: 100 poets against the war
Over 100 of the world's leading, mid-career and emerging poets who work in the English language, have gathered their work together in a book of new peace poems.

'100 Poets Against The War' is perhaps the fastest-assembled world anthology ever - one week from Todd Swift's call for entries till the ebook was uploaded on nthposition.

All the contributors have donated their poems, so download the .pdf file, share it, host it on your own site, print it and make it into a book of poetry. You'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it. If you haven't got it already, it's a free download from www.adobe.com</blockquote>

The nth Position Online Magazine

bibcognito
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cobalt

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:12 pm
This is a related thread in a2k about the Poets for Peace:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=91581#91581/

There is more to this story as it grows. I am interested that in general poets are not known for rushing to similar result when they are 'pro-war'. There is not much publicized to 'movements' by poets in support of military 'solutions', unless I am wrong. Let me know what you think! Thanks,

cobalt
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:24 pm
Cobalt,
thanks for the link.

Here is a theatre that now reads poems before each performance- to start people thinking.
One was: The hand that signed the paper felled a city by Dylon Thomas.
0 Replies