Chilling **** - I just got a post with a lot of info re anybody I know

Krumple

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:21 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Did it look similar to this?

https://goo.gl/images/sQbxp7
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:26 pm
Krumple, that sounds like you might be right. I think it makes the most sense.

I of course gave up last night and went back to my book, by Calvin Trillin, whom I've long liked to read but was in this case semi bored by. Luckily it's getting increasingly more interesting. The book is Tepper Isn't Going Out, a very New York City saga.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:32 pm
@Krumple,
Not Found
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:35 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oddly, I couldn't cut and paste that, but that has been known to happen on my computer. I hand copied it, and got a not found notice remonstrating that I must be exact. Hey, I tried.

Thank you for your help, everybody.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:38 pm
@Krumple,
I think you mean this:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/QnuVx.png
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:55 pm
Thanks, Jes, and no, Krumple & Jes, it didn't look like that. The names started soon after whatever was on the top of the page in a long line, with stuff I didn't get to look at after each name, since I was busy looking at people's names, a bunch of friends. No, I don't remember a name except cowdoc, of all people. He and Roger and I have met, also with him and his great wife.

(I slightly remember a possible logo, maybe what perked my australia guess, but don't trust me. I'm a visual person, brain wise, with not the greatest eyes.)

Try to fit what I'm saying into a minute.
Krumple

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:08 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Im still convinced it was a slow page load before the style sheet was loaded.

Even though you said no to the picture example, its still possible you got a list display of the forum. These names might have been your followers list?? The names you saw are they your A2k followers?
Krumple

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:10 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I think you mean this:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/QnuVx.png

Thanks Jes, I'm not sure why I can't post images.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:11 pm
@Blickers,
Yes, I'm part of a bunch of meet ups over the years.

er, this is a little late for me responding to your post.
nacredambition

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:12 pm
@jespah,
Question without notice to Head of Defense Jespah:

Does A2K maintain a log of deleted posts?

Very hot here in the Antipodes, a chilling thought would be welcome.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:21 pm
@Krumple,
Missed this post by you..

I'm desktop woman.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I think you did the responsible thing. Every so often something pops up for a short period of time that seems totally anti-A2K-like. Sometimes it doesn't last long enough to even report to the mods. All that registers to me is the fleeting thought "this looks wrong", but I assume the mods have thwarted it quickly before others see it. Also, I only see such things in the wee hours of the morning.

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:34 pm
@Krumple,
That's an idea I won't dismiss, maybe. But that would be my old followers as Ossobuco and I had pages of followers back then. Now I'm in neverneverland as ossobucotemp.

The only name I remember in the flash seconds is cowdoc's; somehow I doubt he signed up to follow ossobucotemp. He's a busy guy. I have a sense that I liked the names but again, they didn't register, this was fast.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks, Glitter.

That's one of my surmises.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
As anyone can tell, I'm a tech dolt - though not always.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 01:17 am
Well guys, we've been hacked. Change your passwords... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 06:51 am
did this list happen to mention that, much like John Wayne, my real name is Marion

and i have one lung
0 Replies

Voice asMusic

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:07 am
I recently googled my name which is not a very common name.

It had 4 pages of hits on my name. One of them was an obituary with my name who lived on the west coast. They had all of my addresses where I lived, when, you name it.

Phishing agents sell all their info they gather to anyone.

They can even hack your auto fill and see a lot. Try it. Google your name. I am sure you will be surprised.

The only way to avoid it is to keep off the internet. Otherwise, Resistance is futile.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/15/2024 at 10:25:51