Concede my stubborn habit

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 01:12 pm
Well fellas, evidently you're right since my No. 2 Son agrees my postings often confusing, even tho like my BH (Better Half), he's much smarter than I

Oops anybody, is it (he's) an abbr....(abbreviation); if so, it's [it is] 'he isd'

Oh and another thing, all you spellcheck progs (programmers) out there, 'isd' isd a common misspelling of 'is' owing to the proximity (closeness) of the 'd' to the 's'; but forgive me for not further explaining, as my OP is getting too long....Oops, that's 'Original Posting,' while 'original' means 'first in line....'

Yes I understand you're supposed to know ll this but apparfenty you don't (do not)...or otherwise you'd spot that 'f''....while 'll' isd a missp (misspelling) of 'all,' owing to weaker left digit (little finger)

And so are you guys in your noetic nous (Intellectual approach to add. [addressing] the nature of the Universe). But why backtrack so in my amazement, embarrassment, and profound apology....

It's about learning the new wrid. I have hundreds of defs (forgive me, 'definitions' posted on bedroom mirror where I'm s'posed (forgive me again, 'supposed') at random to learn one or two each day; tho usu (though usually) instantly forget...

..today the exception where those two terms proved so very pertinent to this upcoming OP (Original Posting)

Anyone feeling an oncoming Feeling of Anger should stop right here....with no offense...[Thinkin' [thinking] about a new abbreviation, FAATANE

Completely irrelevant and incidental, but don't you often wish your spellchecker would check each typo of two letters (wrid for 'word') or one constituting an uncommon wrid

Yes, it's been suggested I find a new SC (Spell Check?) for my S10 (Safari 10?) so if y' (you) happen to knowe, what's the very best one, where do I find it, and how do I replace the one I nowe have....

Cn just see the TAATANE (Terribly Angry About Nearly Everything) girding his loins in response.....

Again fellas (fellows), welcome me to the New World of No Abbrs (abbreviations); and sorry it took so long, love ya (you) all

And Mgmt, (Management) if you're listening, please please please quit foreshortening my window. Yes I know I' s'posed (supposed) to switch to A2k Ed. (editing) where that wouldn't happen; but my idee (idea) is, ur (you're) sposta (you'resdupposed to) cut not increase the number of keystrokes req'd (required) to do anything at all....

...tho (though) thanks mightily for letting me continue to edit in spite of your message to the effect that I can't

Am I alone....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 796 • Replies: 5
No top replies

layman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 01:16 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm justa boy whose intentions are good...

Ho, Lawd, please dont lemme be misunderstood

(Da Aminoz)
layman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 01:18 pm
@dalehileman,
In my experience, Dale, those who "just can't understand it" aint none too bright, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 01:57 pm
@layman,
Hey Lay everyday Da (The?) Aminoz
...forgiving lousy puns

Quote:
none too bright... I'm sayin?
Yea Lay, hey do I ever (Hey Mgmt, do I need to spell out the abbreviation contained in a typical quote) but aren't (oops, are you not) proud of my new Universe

In short, wherever do they get those spkgrammers (Oop, spellcheck programmers)...
I think in applying they're req'd (...oopsd) to have an IQ of 72 or lower...(oops, that s/b [should be] 'oops'

...Hard to quit habits some 18 yrs old (oops, years)

Oh and for all the restaya (rest of you for God shake), do I have to (see, I remembered that time), do I also have to (!) spell out 'hey,' 'yea,' other such actual dict words 'cause (because) they look like abbreviations (see I 'mem'd again)

Oops, that's Management, a supposed group who wrote our a2k...

...still unsure about abbrs such as 'he's', 'they're,' 'ain't,' 'sayin', 'etc,' etc

...yetall, pse (please) pse pse don't make me include just every p and q

Oops, period and quotation mark (',' & "$')
Golly but sumahu make it s'hardf'rme
Blickers

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 09:05 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't know, Dale, I think you can probably abbreviate still. The Brits do it all the time. I was reading a novel set in Britain and official letters were being written back and forth, and they were all about "HRH". Had me stumped for several pages until I figured out it meant Her Royal Highness, the Queen. They do a lot more abbreviating in their writing over there as well.

If you have to abbreviate, maybe you can start spelling color and honor with a "u", and people will let you go.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:09 am
@Blickers,
Blick, very thoughtful, immediately added you to my GOOD GUYS listing, yon've made my entire week

Quote:
probably abbreviate still
The problem, Blick, is where to draw the line. I'm sure they'd accept that of 'they would,' but never let me abbr 'abbreviate'
0 Replies