Sick joy torturing your furbabies?

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
I can't help it. Whenever my dog or cat is coming out of a room, I have to hide behind the corner and when they get close ....come running out like a crazy lady screaming BOOOO!!!

LMBO

I've got tears in my eyes trying to calm down after seeing my cat jump a few feet up a few seconds ago.

What's worse is, my cat does it back to me. Whenever I'm really busy doing work on the computer, she'll back slap me with her hind legs and if she could .....giggle when I scream.

...or when the furkids are asleep and look so peaceful, evil mom comes around and buries her face into their stomach (of course I'm also screaming booooooo again).

To retaliate, at night my cat crawls under my comforter and again with both paws bear slaps me. She usually stays just to get the full effect of me screaming. Then of course she gives me kisses.

I don't do it to my dog that much b/c she's so sensitive. I only do it when she's in one of her crazy "run around the house like lightning" stages.

Good times.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 16
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:02 am
Used to do artificial, er, farting noises on Jake's (the big Mastiff) belly. Would also (as he was walking away) say, "I can see your big puppy butt!". He would turn around and I swear he was laughing.

I know they must all just think to themselves - silly humans!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:24 am
that's so funny jespah. *thumbs up*
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:30 am
Bear just hit a high note in the kitchen that sent Gracie skadaddling. She was like 10 seconds getting going because she couldn't get any traction on the linolium. The "running in place" looked just like a cartoon dog.

I don't like scaring her. Much prefer aggravating her by finding her bones and telling her I did as I wave it back and forth in front of her. She grabs it back from my hand and runs off to find another hiding place. Can actually see the frustration in her face.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:48 am
Once in a while, I like to put on a mask and dangle my dog over the balcony for all my adoring fans to see.

But seriously, I admit to liking the 'fake throw' when he wants to chase a toy. Fake, then hide it, enjoy the fun watching him sniff around aimlessly.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:32 am
Excellent, squinney, I thought Jake was the only dog who hid bones or chewies in the house. About six months after he died, we were still finding them in the couch cushions, etc.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:36 am
Not a sick joy, Jespah....I think they like it! Smile
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:02 pm
Oh, they like it because it gives them an excuse for revenge (as if they need an excuse). I've snuck up on my cats and scared the daylights out of them and then rolled on the floor laughing at their reactions, but they always get me back. The best times are when I get to watch them do it to each other.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:06 pm
Tux and my 13 year old go chasing each other around the house all the time, hiding in doorways and jumping out. My daughter likes to scream "boo!" at him, too. Rolling Eyes and I swear Tux L~O~V~E~S the game. Laughing And he hides back and tries to scare her, sometimes getting me, but he doesn't do it to the babies (kids 5 & 7) I think they tread more lightly and they don't like to have him jump out at them, so he doesn't play that game with them...

But we don't wake him up when he's sleeping, just nuzzle our heads in his fur and he nuzzles his head back in our hair or under our covers at night... We LOVE our Tuxy-boy!
0 Replies

angelicani

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:10 pm
cavfancier wrote:
But seriously, I admit to liking the 'fake throw' when he wants to chase a toy. Fake, then hide it, enjoy the fun watching him sniff around aimlessly.

We do this too with our dogs, my chihuahua is the only one who falls for it though and she'll actually run in the room sniffing around looking for it. She'll come back in the living room looking very confused, then I feel bad and give her the toy. My boyf loves scaring them though by saying "bugook" (what that is i dont know) really loud and giving them a quick squeeze in their hips while they are sleeping. I tell him to stop cause how would he feel if they did that to him while he was sleeping Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
I'm a bad mommy, huh?

these are those socks that are like gloves (slot for each toe). they make my feet look terrible. not that i don't have long toes from daddy anyways.

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/3450/picture293au.jpg

i took a pic of them too but that's even scarier, and i'm not sure i can do that to y'all. Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
I LOVE doing this stuff to my babies.

Kitten, my 5 year old, playes fetch... i SWARE , in her last life she was a dog.
She plays with little furry mice all day long.
Then she gets good and tired, curls up an dreams of bouncy bunnies, cat treats, good scratchings... and then BAM.. Mommie throws a mousie at her and scares the **** out of her... right in the middle of a good dream.
Twisted Evil
She usually jumpes right out of her bed...
MUUAAAHAHAHAHAH

She gets me back by running across my face at night, or attacking my toes while I sleep. hehe
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:20 pm
LOL ...isn't that the best?

I feel so guilty afterwards. I always wonder if doing this will cause her to have dreams about mean mommy torturing them (honestly what i think). what else could she be dreaming about inbetween the cat/mouse dreams? Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:27 pm
i thought that was WHY thier leggs twitched when they were dreaming? They are chasing us!!!Laughing
cats , dogs, either one, I think they derive a sick pleasure from the things we do also. hehe.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:42 pm
I like to play suck the cockatiel up with the dustbuser.

That sounds dirty, doesn't it?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
very. poor thing. Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:10 pm
Bird tends to be noisy at inopportune moments, so I throw stuff at her to shut her up (typically cloth napkins). If I make a throwing motion with no object, she still ducks.
0 Replies