Go As You Lived - In A Land Rover

Col Man

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:32 pm
Link : http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-1155282,00.html

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1247124.jpg
Jacqui and John's hearse

FUNERAL GOES OFF-ROAD

Two funeral directors are offering off-road enthusiasts the perfect send-off - in a Land Rover hearse.

The specially-adapted silver 4x4 is being offered by Bedfordshire firm Alpha as an alternative to the traditional low-slung black hearse.

The idea was the brainchild of Jacqui Dewar, who had to plan her own funeral when she was diagnosed with cancer.

Jacqui, who runs Alpha with husband John, said: "We are Land Rover enthusiasts and also funeral directors.

"I took time off work and while I sat at home recovering I looked at my own funeral arrangements and found there was no Land Rover hearse out there."

Now recovered, she had the Defender hearse, and a matching limousine for weddings, made.

"A Land Rover is a big part of many people's lives, either for work or leisure," she said.

"For many people it is a faithful old friend and something that reflects a person's interests and passions."

She is hoping to attract farmers, country dweller and even explorers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 336 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:40 pm
Make sure you leave the casket open during the drive so the dearly departed can have some fun!
0 Replies