Can somebody fill the missing line in the song?

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 11:41 am
Can somebody fill the missing line in the song “The Temper Trap - Sunday Painter“?
She likes Coffee, black, strong
She looks scared, she stares kind of sad
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 10
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by annaoomph
Blickers

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 11:53 am
@annaoomph,
There are websites which carry the lyrics to almost all songs. A to Z lyrics is one such. This link takes you to the lyrics for Sunday Painter by The Temper Trap:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tempertrap/sundaypainter.html
annaoomph

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 11:59 am
@Blickers,
Thanks, but at all websites this line is also partly missing. So probably if you know english well enough, you can help me out Smile
Blickers

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:19 pm
@annaoomph,
I see what you mean. I will listen to the song and try. Be back in a few minutes.
contrex

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:32 pm
I am a native speaker (British). I have listened to that track on Youtube a number of times and that line starts "Now I feel her" and is muffled and unclear after that. All of the lyrics sites I have visited show that line as "Now I feel her ---?". The singer, possibly deliberately, is voicing the words in a very sloppy style, the ends of words seem to be 'bitten off', like his teeth don't fit properly in his mouth. They are Australian. It sounds a bit like "Now I feel her word session", which doesn't make much sense but then song lyrics don't have to make sense. If you were doing karaoke you could use those words, because I don't think anybody will challenge them!

0 Replies

Blickers
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:34 pm
@Blickers,
I'll probably have to listen on headphones, which I don't have access to right at the moment.

However, seeing the other lyrics and being able to make out the last couple of syllables of the word, my guess is "ascension". Or Ascension, if the songwriter's intent was to make her a Christlike figure, (I'll let the readers decide that). As in:

Now I feel her ascension
For a minute I was in her heaven

I'll listen again on headphones to see if I can hear anything else, but that is what I'm going with now.
annaoomph

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:40 pm
@Blickers,
I was thinking of something like "..her world's...", yes, probably ascension, sounds very close to it
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:42 pm
Now I feel her world's ascension?
annaoomph

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:47 pm
@contrex,
Pretty strange, but ascension is very close. Or something with "words" and "sharp" Smile
0 Replies

Himloia

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 01:48 am
@annaoomph,
That's realy hard for me ...
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 11:04 pm
@contrex,
Quote contrex:
Quote:
Now I feel her world's ascension?

Correct. As I understand it, the singer saw this woman painting and was taking her in, and as he paid attention to what she was doing he picked up a vibe that she was spiritually in a wonderful and divine place.

That's what I got out of it, anyway.
0 Replies