Here I come to save the day...

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:40 am
EDMOND, Oklahoma (Reuters) - An Oklahoma man desperate to save his marriage by appearing like a hero to his wife ended up in police custody on suspicion of staging a crime where he hired burglars and foiled their fake robbery attempt, police said on Friday.

Trent Spencer, 27, of Edmond, north of Oklahoma City, was charged this week with the misdemeanor crime of filing a false report, said police spokeswoman Glynda Chu.

According to police, Spencer, a high school teacher, paid two students $100 each to break into his house and try to make off with a stereo.

The masked students tied his wife with duct tape and her husband was in the house just in time to foil the supposed crime, police said.

Police said Spencer attacked the two in a choreographed fight, even hitting one with a board that he had cut to break in half. The plan was going well until his wife freed herself and called police, something Spencer did not anticipate, police said.

Police rushed to the scene and eventually tracked down the fake burglars.

"It was the most bizarre hoax we've ever had," Chu said. "It's sad because he was so desperate."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 595 • Replies: 8
No top replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:51 am
hehehheheehe
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:52 pm
cav why you gotta put my personal business out for everyone to read like that? i thought we were friends.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:54 pm
Laughing @ Seed
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:58 pm
yes you laugh now... but if you had seen the look in the policemen's eyes when i was sobbing in that gruff sgt's arms... you wouldnt be laugh
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:58 pm
yes you laugh now... but if you had seen the look in the policemen's eyes when i was sobbing in that gruff sgt's arms... you wouldnt be laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:03 pm
I laughed....because I was wearing a CLOWN SUIT!!! Beware....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:05 pm
-throws arms in the arm and flails them about screaming and crying as the clowns come to him-
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:07 pm
Send in the clowns....heh heh heh...Twisted Evil
0 Replies