Please, help me! Personal Statement for a Master in Analytical Sciences and Instrumentation.

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 03:44 pm
I wrote this personal statement in order to apply for a Master's Degree. I am not a native English speaker, so it is really difficult for me to express my ideas. I would like you to read what I wrote and let me know what you think. I will really appreciate that. Following, my personal statement:

With a title of Bachelor in Industrial Chemistry, obtained in the Faculty of Chemical Sciences (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay), I am able to perform analysis of: non-biological organic and inorganic raw materials, finished and semi-finished industrial products, soils and fertilizers, from the chemical, the physic-chemical and the microbiological point of view.
I consider myself a suitable candidate for this course because of the knowledge that I acquired through my college career and also through a work experience of almost four years in analytical departments, participating in and leading researching groups. I have always shown interest in the analysis of samples from all kind of industries, applying methodologies, testing, developing and validating techniques and learning about the functioning of instruments, which is why my experience in the research and development of pharmaceutical products has been very helpful to improve and strengthen my skills as a professional and has reinforced my interest in doing this kind of master.
Based on the above, I have selected this course: MSc in Instrumental Analytical Chemistry.
I have seen the academic program and I consider that I will gain the knowledge I need because the course offers a wide vision related to Analytical Sciences, which has been my biggest interest in my work experience. I also know that the university has first class facilities and innovative teaching methods, which will definitely help me to strengthen my career.
The content of this master’s degree program fully meets my expectations because it provides superior knowledge about the fundamental analytical techniques and also the needed training trough the research project, which would give me the opportunity to put my new abilities and skills in good use in the researching field starting at the university from which I graduated, carrying out important research projects and also I will have the possibility to innovate in terms of analytical sciences, applying the theoretical and experimental knowledge from a first-class education, which represents one of my future plans.
Back in my country with a first world educational training will help me to be part of the promising development in the field of research, which is emerging in Paraguay.
I strongly believe that I will acquire priceless knowledge and skills with this program, so I hope to receive the admission in order to take full advantage to achieve my personal and professional growth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 909 • Replies: 0
No top replies