Feral kitty scratch, help?

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:25 pm
I'm nervous since rabies is a bit common in my country, I adopted a feral kitty, she's getting her shots next month but she scratched me 3 weeks ago, it wasn't that deep it was enough to draw only a little bit of blood, she has been with me for almost two months, she behaves like a normal kitty I've always been paranoid and I was thinking of getting shots today but what if it's not needed? My family is having a bit of trouble lately and I don't want to add anything else to their troubles, the wound already healed it wasn't red or swollen when I had it, it's really just a light scratch with a bit of blood, should I still be worried about getting rabies?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 852 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:47 pm
@2paranoid4owngood,
I wouldn't be. I have several punctures from my cat's claws right. Rabies is transmitted by saliva from bites. I suppose it is somewhat possible to have traces of saliva on a cat's claws, but in spite of whatever country you live in, it is also very unlikely your cat has rabies.
2paranoid4owngood

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 12:18 am
@roger,
Thanks a lot I feel a bit relieved that it's unlikely, thank you ^^
0 Replies