Bob & Ray?

Pitter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:15 pm
There was a wonderfull radio comedy duo, straight man and clown type who did among other routines the one about the reporter interviewing the zookeeper about Komodo Dragons. I think they were "Bob and Ray". Is that correct?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,040 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:25 pm
yes
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:39 pm
If you want to see a great Bob and Ray webpage, click on the following hyperlink and see some great stuff on them:

https://www.bobandray.com/
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:41 pm
Title cuts from a recent album of Bob and Ray's:

Wally Ballou from the State Fair in Tickahoe, Ohio
The Lives and Loves of Linda Lovely
Jack Headstrong, All American American
Matt Neffer, Boy Spotwelding King of the World
Charles the Poet
Webley Webster's Book Review
Natalie Attired, Song Sayer
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:44 pm
Current movie comedian Chris Elliot (Get a Life, Cabinboy, Something About Mary) is the son of Bob Elliot of Bob and Ray.

Bob and Ray were hilarious, but not everybody understood their humor. One of their memorable routines for me was a sports report about the new sport of 'low jumping'. Instead of high jumping, where a contestant would stand someplace low and try to jump high; a 'low jumper' would stand someplace high and try to jump low.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:39 pm
Bob and Ray were wonderful. I had the good fortune to be a kid watching TV when they did ads for Piels Beer. They did the voices of Bert and Harry Piels, cartoon characters.

One of my favorite of their routines was a radio bit of them doing the audio for a telecast of the most extravagant football halftime show ever created. Only the video (which of course we never see) goes out early in the telecast, so they're forced to describe everything. Ultimately, of course, the sound goes, too.

Could have been inspired by Samuel Beckett, who knows. Or vice versa!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:39 pm
Was that groundhog meat or ground hog meat?
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:03 pm
I had two uncles, named Bob and Ray, who were killed in a train accident when my dad was a young boy.

He has instilled in me a great appreciation for the low key humor of these geniuses.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 03:00 pm
When I was in Korea during the "police action" there was a five minute "Bob and Ray Show" broadcast daily over Armed Forces Radio. It was always one of the hight points of our days.
0 Replies