Connecting a DVD player

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:14 am
I am currently searching around for a dvd player. The problem is that the TV I have doesn't have a scart socket, it only has audio in, video in and the aerial sockets. I've been to Currys to ask them about it but they said I defiantely need a scart socket in my TV. Is this true or can I find an adapter somewhere so I don't need to buy a new TV? I think you can get them for Playstation 2's but i don't know if they would be suitable for normal dvd players.
Can anyone help me?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 946 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:39 am
Is the 'video-in' a yellow socket, and the 'audio-in' are one red socket and one white socket? If so, there should be a way to sort it out. I'll do some research and come back to you, MissWelshie. No worries.
0 Replies

misswelshie

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
There is a white socket and a yellow socket, which i assumed were the audio in and video in. But no red socket i'm afraid, only the aerial socket.
Thank you for your help!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:24 pm
only having a white socket means that you have a mono TV and the DVD player is putting out stereo sound. There is also an adapter for that.
0 Replies