Is this place dead, or what?

contrex

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 04:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I just want you to shut up on language beginning learner threads. They do not have a clue about your burbles, and your crap diminishes a website that was early about language.

I have been saying this for some while.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:03 pm
@contrex,
Me too, years. Imagine the number of newbies who left.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:21 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I chose to cut off the list at an arbitrary point
Aha; but just couldn't resist the opportunity
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:23 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Alas alack
giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:19 pm
All the snowflakes are busy drinking/crying in their hot chocolate, hugging their therapy dogs and coloring in their books.

So they haven't had time to process the beating they took on 11/8/16 and can't face the music here at A2K...And I think they may be busy building bomb shelters.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:45 am
@contrex,
Haven't we all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:51 am
@dalehileman,
There comes a time in one's life when one has to stop doing certain things. For example my dad can't use sellotape any more, his fingers are too arthritic.

It's the common consensus amongst those of us who know a bit about English that you do more harm than good on language threads.

Nobody is trying to shut you up, you can discuss anything else. And if you're worried about being marginalised I will promise now to give a considered response to every one of your posts if you knock the grammar threads on the head. (That's if I've not been suspended.)
mark noble

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 10:48 am
@Olivier5,
Sometimes, folk who are confronted with the reality of 'destitution' commence projects, groups, learning/rehab centres, websites, etc - Do so with the genuine intent of uniting folk (Founding a family, of sorts).
But 'bringing up baby' mindsets fade with time and distance from the 'destitution-confrontation'.

You are no longer babies in your relative cots - you are now no longer in need of nurture.

Robert's moved on - But he's left you the keys.

Just remember - Forums are virtual havens, but also make comfortable tombs.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 11:02 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Robert's moved on - But he's left you the keys.

Me? I just found the door open, until I found it closed...

Are you saying all these talks about rebuilding the place was for nought???
dalehileman

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy thank you for your interest and for the intriguing offer. I had hope to cope with the extreme dangers I apparently represent by suggesting that anyone in fear of the ultimate from my postings, should simply not read 'em

Evidently however the approach didn't seem feasible. Yet my apologies to all for being such a terrible person
giujohn

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 05:55 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Izzy thank you for your interest and for the intriguing offer. I had hope to cope with the extreme dangers I apparently represent by suggesting that anyone in fear of the ultimate from my postings, should simply not read 'em

Evidently however the approach didn't seem feasible. Yet my apologies to all for being such a terrible person

Shame on you Dale...
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 08:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Welcome back! Good to see you.

I for one am not posting very much at the moment, on any messageboard. Maybe a few messages to KGB propagandists on a different board reminding them that our nukes stand ready to incinerate Russia, but not really taking a lot of time to do even that.

I presume the big changes to a2k are still in the works, but have no inside info on that. If Robert hasn't been posting lately though, that might mean he is busy writing code for the new a2k.

Interesting news in the Amanda Knox case. Rudy Guede is asking for leave to appeal his conviction, and that whore Andrea Vogt just tweeted that Guede is likely to get good news tomorrow (tweet). Karma may just be readying to give Italy a very large dose of poetic justice.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 11:48 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
. . . my apologies to all for being such a terrible person

You are most assuredly not a terrible person!

This is so heart-rending! Crying or Very sad Oh, what can I do? How can I lift this poor soul's downtrodden spirit?

Oh, look! Here's somebody who can help us!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f76739d414ce650e6b022a1f094bda77820fd920ab4cb20f72e831721117e09c.jpg
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 11:52 pm
@giujohn,
Shame on you, giujohn, for not being therapeutically supportive. I take a different approach. Mr. Green
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:36 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I believe their complaint is that the people who come here because they are just learning English do not know who they should and shouldn't listen to.

I offer this as an explanation of why they are complaining about you, not to add to their judgement of the quality of your posts (frankly I read so few ESL threads that I've no idea as to the quality of your advice).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:49 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
that Amanda Knox guy,

You know, I'm more of a "give me the Second Amendment or give me death" guy.

And even more yet of a "Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets" guy. In fact, my first year here all I did was post in the Hiroshima/Nagasaki thread.

What am I going to post about once historians finish settling on their consensus that the A-bombs were justified, Trump packs the Supreme Court full of judges who will enforce the Second Amendment, and the Amanda Knox case blows up on Italy so badly that they repent their despicable witchhunts?

I suppose there is always Israel verses the Palestinians.....
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 12:24 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
not a terrible person!
Why thank you Bill, but you are so few
dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 12:25 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Shame on you Dale...
Yea John but for what, specifically
There are so many avenues....
giujohn

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 12:31 pm
@wmwcjr,
Hey... I'm not sharing my coloring books and therapy dog with anybody!
giujohn

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 12:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Well...It's a deep subject. (see what I did there?...I kill me!)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:40:26